Job: Summer Program Coordinator - Town of Beaumont
Summer Program Coordinator, Recreation and Culture
The Town of Beaumont is looking for an enthusiastic Summer Program Coordinator to join our Summer Team, working with our Community Program Coordinator to create an exciting summer program for children ages 3 - 11 years. The remuneration for this position is $18.81 per hour, based on a 35 hour work week for 16 weeks (May 7 - August 24, 2018).
- Research, plan, implement and evaluate full and half day camps as well as other summer programs
- Provides supervision and leadership to summer program staff and volunteers
- Plan and deliver required staff safety training and orientation components; ensures safety of staff and participants
- Oversee and work within an approved budget
- Purchase and maintain an inventory of supplies for activities, crafts, games and sports
- Develop and implement marketing strategies for summer camps and programs
- Assists Community Program Coordinator in the various Human Resources tasks in accordance with administrative policies and provincial legislation
- Use IntelliLeisure (registration software) for program registration and class list preparation; and provide updates and final report to Community Program Coordinator
- Preference will be given to students currently attending post-secondary education in recreation, education or related field and returning to school full-time in Fall 2018
- Highly energetic, enthusiastic and creative
- Experience with program planning and delivery of children’s programs; (preferably in a summer camp setting)
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional communication skills including conflict resolution, problem solving and ability to deal with and maintain good relations with staff, parents, and children
- Previous experience supervising staff and volunteers
- Exceptional organization and communication skills
- Current First Aid & CPR (or willingness to acquire at own cost)
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Child Intervention Record Check
Hire is dependent upon a Criminal Record Check, with vulnerable sector satisfactory to the Town of Beaumont.
This position may be partially funded through the Alberta Government Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP). Successful candidates must meet all program eligibility criteria including, but not limited to: not a current employee of
Beaumont. For more information on student eligibility, please visit Summer Temporary Employment Program.
March 4, 2018
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and resume no later than March 4, 2018 to:
Town of Beaumont
5600 49 Street
Beaumont, Alberta, T4X 1A1
Applicants who are not contacted within three weeks of the closing date are thanked for their interest.