Job: Summer Events Leader - Sturgeon County
Summer Events Leader
Competition #: 12-2018
4 Full Time Positions (Seasonal) - June 25 – August 24, 2018
Rate of Pay - $17.20 - $20.11 hour
Hours of Work – 40 hours per week
Competition Close Date - 4:30pm Feb 9, 2018
What a Leader does:
- Assists with providing quality summer programs for children/youth.
- Assists with the implementation and evaluation of a traveling rural theme day, day trips.
- Be actively involved in all programs and be willing to participate enthusiastically in planned activities.
- Assists with training and evaluation of volunteers in the JET program.
- Ensures that all facilities used are kept clean and secure as well as safe for program activities.
- Ensures that an effective relation with fellow staff, parents, volunteers, and facility attendants is maintained.
- Maintains accurate records and reports as required by their supervisor (i.e. Accident reports, daily time sheets, program statistics, final program reports, etc.)
- To attend scheduled staff meetings, complete a mid and final evaluation on self and co-workers.
- Available to work evenings, and occasional weekends.
- Attends training sessions and workshops as required.
- Adhere to applicable responsibilities and accountabilities as outlined in the Sturgeon County Health and Safety Management System.
- Must work effectively and efficiently with others with little or no supervision, always be punctual, self-motivated, communicate openly, takes direction well, and responds to public inquiries in a calm and friendly manner. Work is performed within and outside the county. Physical job requirements include: occasional lifting of 30 pounds, sitting and standing for extended periods of time.
What are we looking for?
- Post-secondary education in recreation, education, or other related field would be an asset.
- Previous experience working with children/youth in a program setting.
- Valid first aid certificate and defensive driving certificate.
- A valid driver’s license with access to a vehicle.
- A clear Criminal Record and Child Welfare Record Check.
Why work for us?
We are a thriving, vibrant rural community sharing one of our borders with Edmonton and St. Albert. Our organization is dedicated to improving the quality of life for our residents and we make that happen through our family culture, a strong spirit and progressive attitude.
$17.20 - $20.11/hr
February 9, 2017
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email quoting competition number (12-2018) in the subject line to:
Morinville, AB T8R 1L9
Thank you to all applicants for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Sturgeon County is an equal opportunity employer.