Job: Summer Day Camp Coordinator - Town of Innisfail
This is a temporary position working as our Summer Day Camp Coordinator. Under the supervision of the Recreation Program Coordinator, this position is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of summer camps ensuring the overall safety and quality of the camp while providing supervision and evaluation of the day camp program.
- Plan and implement all camp activities and special events
- Organize weekly field trips
- Purchase, maintain and transport necessary equipment and supplies for programs
- Ensure all specialized equipment is inspected, maintained, set up and stored in a safe and appropriate manner
- Understand basic safety and operational guidelines, including emergency procedures
- Be aware of individual problems and special needs, especially medical concerns
- Instruct, delegate and coordinate staff and leader-in-training duties
- Speak with parents as needed; manage any concerns as they arise
- Gather feedback from participants and parents
- Perform general janitorial, housekeeping and maintenance duties as they arise
- Current or completed post-secondary education in a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of leadership experience in a recreation or day camp setting or related field
- Possession of a valid Alberta Driver’s License or equivalent
- Standard First Aid and CPR certification
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
March 26, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, March 26, 2019 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Manager
4943 53 Street, Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1