Job: Sports Centre Assistant Programmer - Town of Strathmore
The Sports Centre Assistant Programmer will be a customer service oriented individual responsible for assisting with the scheduling and promoting of all activity spaces, meeting rooms, and events in the Strathmore Motor Products Sports Centre and other Town of Strathmore athletic and community facilities. The successful candidate will report directly to the Sports Centre Programmer.
The Sports Centre Assistant Programmer will assist the Sports Centre Programmer with the daily operations of the facility through scheduling and coordinating athletic spaces including gymnasiums, athletic fields, meeting rooms and ensure facility booking details are managed efficiently and in accordance with the Town of Strathmore and Sports Centre procedures.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Assist with facilitating rental requests, including contract creation and payment invoicing.
- Assist with the execution of rental contracts including meetings with clients as needed, creating event requirements in a timely manner within established timeframes.
- Maintain and enforcing the Sport Centre Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Assist with the development and administer the Sport Centre’s annual operating and capital budget as approved by Council and ensure reporting procedures are followed.
- Open and close building following established security procedures.
- Assist with memberships sales and servicing, and scheduling staff based on facility needs.
- Instruct/facilitate group fitness programs, youth programs, and community recreation programs.
Skills & Experience:
(Minimum of 1-year experience, preferably in a recreation/fitness environment).
- Sense of initiative, attention to detail, ability to manage multiple priorities while respecting deadlines.
- Good interpersonal, customer service and public relations skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and independently with all types of people.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and solve problems in the best interest of the Town.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Current group fitness certification with Canfitpro, AFLCA, or equivalent would be considered an asset.
- Minimum 18 years of age, and must have valid First Aid and CPR certification,
A university degree or diploma in Sports Management, Business Administration, Physical Education, Kinesiology or related field.
Compensation: The Town of Strathmore offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
A complete resume of experience, qualifications and references will be accepted until 4:00 pm, September 14, 2018, quoting Competition No. TOS2018-37 to:
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1
Fax: 403-934-4713, or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.