Job: Sport Centre Programmer - Strathmore
Full-Time – Permanent (35 Hrs/Week)
The Sports Centre Programmer will be a customer service oriented individual responsible for the scheduling and promoting of all activity spaces, meeting rooms, and events in the Strathmore Motor Products (SMP) Sports Centre.
The Sports Centre Programmer contributes to the supervision of a multi-purpose facility by coordinating daily operations of the facility through scheduling and coordinating athletic spaces including gymnasiums, athletic fields, and meeting rooms. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount. This role requires independent decision-making, working with minimal supervision and the ability to multi-task and stay on task.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Maintain a strong customer-focused approach when responding to general customer inquiries and resolve any scheduling conflicts
- Act as the primary contact for the SMP Sports Centre to support relationships with various organizations that utilize the facility
- Provide leadership to part-time staff to facilitate stakeholder programming
- Assist with alternate forms of revenue generation such as leagues, tournaments, third party rentals, etc…
- Maintain and update the facility schedule to reflect the most accurate program information
University degree or diploma in Sports Management, Facilities Management, Athletics or Business Administration, or related field
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of related experience in a recreation, gym, or similar sport facility
- Previous experience in the development and implementation and supervision of recreational programs is an asset
- Strong leadership skills to support a large and diverse staff as well as strong communication skills both oral and written
- Strong customer service skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and under minimal supervision
- Self-directed and self-motivated
Candidates must have valid First Aid and CPR certification.
Compensation: The Town of Strathmore offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
June 22, 2018
A complete resume of experience, qualifications and references will be accepted until 4:00 pm, June 22, 2018, quoting Competition No. TOS2018-23 to:
Town of Strathmore
680 Westchester Road
Strathmore, AB, T1P 1J1
Fax: 403-934-4713, or Email: email@example.com
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.