Job: Recreation Services Coordinator - Regional District of Central Kootenay
Recreation Services Coordinator
Full-Time, Permanent, Benefited
Creston & District Community Complex (CDCC)
REGIONAL DISTRICT OF CENTRAL KOOTENAY—Creston, BC
We are seeking an experienced, highly motivated individual for the Full-time position of Recreation Services Coordinator at the Creston & District Community Complex!
With an outstanding temperate climate and situated amidst a unique combination of agricultural lands, mountains, rivers, lakes and wildlife, Creston is a vibrant and active community located in the beautiful Creston Valley in the heart of the Kootenay Rockies! Creston offers all the benefits of small town living with access to great schools, heath care services, a thriving local food movement and is located just a few hours away from major city centers. Locals enjoy a wide range of recreational opportunities including 3 season golf, hiking, biking, fishing and much more! All this in addition to multiple groups of special interests, numerous activities, theatre, music, arts, wineries and, of course, an exceptional recreational facility!
Employees at the Creston & District Community Complex have the opportunity to be a part of a great team of people and work in a modern, award winning facility they can be proud of. The facility boasts an incredible fitness centre which includes an indoor walking track, full selection of cardio, free weights, machines and accessories and a dedicated fitness studio. The successful candidate will be offered full time hours, competitive wages and a full benefit package including paid vacation time, extended health and dental coverage and a generous pension plan following the first year of employment.
The Recreation Services Coordinator works collaboratively with the Leadership Team and community groups to develop and promote strong recreation services and is responsible for ensuring that opportunities for community engagement and participation are being optimized. The Recreation Services Coordinator must possess a high level of creativity and innovation in order to enable and develop events and volunteer opportunities that are inclusive of all demographics and that facilitate ever increasing community participation at area facilities and parks. This position works collaboratively with facility and parks staff to meet common strategic goals through ensuring ongoing internal communication, consistent external messaging and optimization of space usage.
Applicants should be experienced communicators with the ability to develop strong relationships with a variety of individuals and groups.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS, Knowledge, skills and abilities include:
- Diploma in Recreation Administration or acceptable equivalent combination of training and experience
- Three to five years related experience with significant experience in programming, supervision, and managing volunteers
- Experience preparing and maintaining a budget
- Training and experience in a computerized work environment with a high level of knowledge and experience in MS Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Valid B.C. Drivers License and safe driving record
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Standard First Aid & CPR-C
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute small and large scale events for all ages as well as specific interest groups
- Excellent customer service and public relation skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet various deadlines in a constantly changing service environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead, instruct, coach and motivate staff and volunteers
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and people management skills
- Experience or knowledge in the operations of public recreation facilities would be considered an asset
June 26, 2019
This posting, along with a detailed job description which includes all of the required qualifications, knowledge, skills and abilities, can be found on our website at https://www.rdck.ca under Administration, Jobs & Employment Opportunities.
Applications in the form of a resume and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience relative to the position will be accepted until noon on Wednesday, June 26, 2019.
Human Resources, Regional District of Central Kootenay
Box 590, 202 Lakeside Drive, Nelson, BC V1L 5R4
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (250) 352-1515
Thank you for your interest in working with the Regional District of Central Kootenay.
All submissions will be acknowledged although only those individuals shortlisted to participate in the interview/testing process will be contacted again.
This competition may be used to fill other similar positions at the Creston & District Community Complex over the next six months.