Job: Recreation Programmer - City of St. Albert
Organization: City of St. Albert
Department: Recreation & Parks
Location: 400 Campbell Road, St. Albert
Compensation: $60,578 – $73,703 per annum
Closing Date: July 21, 2019
Competition #: 19/125
As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 66,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert among the best places to live in Canada.
The City of St. Albert’s Recreation and Parks department is seeking a Recreation Programmer to join their passionate, energetic and dedicated team for a one-year term assignment. This position will be responsible for playschool, preschool and learn to skate programs, including summer preschool camps and oversees child-minding services at Servus Place. Some regional committee work may be required.
Reporting to the Recreation Program Supervisor, the Programmer is responsible for the direct development, provision and evaluation of exceptional preschool program opportunities in the area of recreation for participants. In collaboration with fellow Programmers, this position directly supervises a team of approximately 20 - 40 casual, program staff who deliver a seasonal recreation program compliment to program participants and facility users.
As the Programmer, your responsibilities will include:
- developing and coordinating recreation programs and services for pre-school aged participants and their families
- contributing to the development of program guidelines, best practices, rules of play and program philosophies, and ensuring high quality drop-in and registered recreation programs and services are available
- providing input to the creation of annual budgets and ongoing monitoring/tracking of operational expenses
- hiring, orientation, training, scheduling and performance monitoring of program staff
- demonstrating, and leading the team in the delivery of, outstanding customer service
The individual we seek has excellent interpersonal, customer service, and leadership skills. To be successful in this role you will have knowledge of recreation trends combined with outstanding planning and organization skills.
- Undergraduate degree in Physical Education or Recreation and 3 years experience in recreational programming is preferred. A related Diploma and 5 years experience, preferably within an emphasis on recreation, sport and leisure programming, as well as event programming would be considered.
- A minimum of 2 years experience with pre-school programming is preferred.
- Experience managing program budgets is essential.
- Experience in a recreation facility setting would be a definite asset.
- Certifications in High Five, Fundamental Movement skills or NCCP would be an asset.
- The successful candidate will be proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook). Familiarity with Intellileisure software is an asset.
- Membership in ARPA and CPRA would be beneficial.
- Current Standard First Aid Level C and CPR/AED is preferred.
- A valid Class 5 Drivers License and a personal vehicle for work use is required.
HOURS OF WORK
We offer a compressed work schedule of 72 hours bi-weekly. Monday – Friday with a regular day off (RDO) every two weeks. The bulk of your schedule will be daytime hours, but you will be required to work some scheduled evenings and occasional weekends.
$60,578 - $73,703 per annum. The City of St. Albert also offers a comprehensive benefit package.
This is a term position which will commence August 26, 2019 to September 4, 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain a satisfactory vulnerable sector police information check.
$60,578 – $73,703 per annum
July 21, 2019
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website http://www.stalbert.ca/employment
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.