Job: Recreation Program Facilitator - City of Wetaskiwin
The City of Wetaskiwin is a diverse community of approximately 12,500 citizens. Wetaskiwin is a thriving and progressive community located in Central Alberta between Edmonton and Red Deer. The City offers an enviable quality of life for all ages with excellent housing, education and recreation, as well as a local hospital.
The Recreation Program Facilitator is a permanent full-time position that provides a wide variety of programs to the community. This position reports directly to the Recreation Coordinator and is responsible for the day to day planning and facilitating of recreation programs as well as planning special events throughout the year.
- Program planning, implementation and evaluation
- Responsible for the implementation of preschool age to teen activities (ex. PD day camps, PLAY Wetaskiwin, summer programming, after school programs, etc.)
- Plan special events (i.e. Family Fun Fair, Halloween, Festival of Trees, Santa Skate, etc.)
- Provide a balance in all programs for all ages (youth, adult and seniors)
- Develop an evaluation process for all programs and instructors that provide constructive feedback
- Develop programming that is fiscally responsible
- Marketing of all programs and recreation special events
- Assist the Recreation Coordinator with some facility scheduling and bookings
- Other duties as required
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Post-secondary education in recreation or related field.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of recreation related experience
- Preferred experience working with MaxSolutions recreation software
- First Aid and CPR level C
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Publisher
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, customer service, time management and organizational skills
- Provide a criminal and vulnerable sector record check and a current driver’s abstract report
- This is a full time, permanent positon Monday to Friday 8am – 5pm with the willingness to work some weekends and evenings as required
October 23, 2018
Interested applications please submit resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for applying, but only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.