Job: Recreation Operator 1 Arena-Parks - Town of Devon
The Recreation Operator 1 Arena-Parks position is responsible for daily arena operations from September to April, as well as daily parks operations from April to August. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing a high quality customer service, arena ice plant maintenance, Zamboni operations, safe operation and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspection and documentation, seasonal start up and shut down of the arena, trail parks and playground maintenance, event support and building repairs. This position is focused on ensuring that the Town of Devon arena, facilities, trails and public spaces are inspected and well-maintained for public safety. Due to the changing needs of each season and the wide range of responsibilities, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills and well-honed mechanical and building repair expertise are required.
- Daily (winter seasonal) customer service delivery, Zamboni operation, ice maintenance, arena ice plant maintenance, facility cleaning, garbage removal and recycling, snow removal and grounds maintenance, and facility maintenance.
- Seasonal start up and shut down of the ice plant.
- Daily (spring/summer seasonal) maintenance of parks, trails, buildings and facilities (office, community centre, arena, pool), horticulture, preventative maintenance, janitorial tasks, waste removal, recycling, special event support.
- Risk management: inspect, identify, assess and prioritize risks.
- Light/medium duty equipment and hand tool operation and maintenance.
- Active participation in the Town’s Health and Safety program.
The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma and current Arena Operator 1 certification (must be willing and able to complete Arena Operator 2), as well as a Class 5 license.
- 2-3 years related experience is an asset
- Excellent Customer Service is an asset;
- Familiarity with WHMIS legislation;
- Must have valid Class 5 driver’s license and produce a drivers abstract with less than six demerits;
- First Aid and CPR is an asset;
- Security clearances will be required for the successful candidate.
Full-TimeParks & Nature
April 5, 2019