Job: Public Works Operator 1 - Town of Milk River
The Town of Milk River is currently accepting applications for a permanent full-time Public Works Operator 1 position, primarily focusing on the green spaces and parks throughout Town.
Duties and Responsibilities May Include:
- Operate and maintain sprayers, mowers, and other equipment
- Operate and perform routine maintenance of light equipment
- Develop and implement a weed control program
- Work with the Town green spaces and parks, baseball diamonds, etc.
- Work with volunteers to plan and create yearly planting of flower pots and complete ongoing watering and maintenance of plantings
- Assist the public works department with water treatment and distribution, sewage collection and treatment systems, snow removal, and garbage collection, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Basic knowledge of operating and maintenance of equipment
- Class 3Q Drivers’ License will be considered an asset
- Alberta Environment Pesticide Applicator License will be considered an asset
- Certified Arborist will be considered a definite asset
- Clean drivers abstract and criminal record check will be required
- Be honest, trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Be positive, helpful, and have a team-oriented attitude
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to our residents
- Ability to work with limited supervision and resolve routine task related issues
Hours of work are 40 hours per week, starting immediately. Overtime and on call work will be required and this position will be included in the on-call rotation. The Town offers a competitive rate of pay, a comprehensive benefit plan combined with a pension plan.
The position will remain open until filled.
For further information, or to forward resumes:
Samuel Beliveau, Public Works Foreman
Box 270, Milk River, AB T0K 1M0
All applicants are thanked in advance for their interest in this position. Only those individuals who are considered for this position will be contacted. No reference checking will be undertaken without the permission of the candidate. The personal information submitted pursuant to this advertisement will be utilized for this employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act