Job: Pool Supervisor - Town of Devon Community Pool
The Swimming Pool Supervisor shall be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Town of Devon Community Pool. This position oversees operations and safety aspects of the pool, organizes pool activities and special events, supervises part-time and seasonal lifeguards, and ensures safety requirements are met through inspection of practices and equipment. This is a part-time position with a maximum of 40 hours per week. The successful candidate must be available for evenings and weekends, as well as day time hours.
- Responsible for the supervision and training of all pool staff.
- Interview and placement of staff.
- Provide mid and final staff evaluations.
- Train staff in the operations of daily cleaning, mechanical equipment and water chemistry.
- Provide mentorship and supervision of staff.
- Maintain a high quality of public relations between staff and the public.
- Assist in the preparation and execution of in-services training for staff throughout the summer.
- Plan and implement special events and public swimming for community advertisement.
- Promote the pool and its programmed activities.
- Ensure that the pool systems are operating safely, efficiently and effectively.
- Address any maintenance issues that arise throughout the season.
- Demonstrate proper daily opening and closing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- NLS (National Lifeguard Service) Certification.
- Standard First Aid, and CPR level C or AEC (Aquatic Emergency Care).
- Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification.
- Lifesaving Instructor (LSI) award, Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor award.
- Courses such as Fitness Instruction, Synchronized Swimming and Diving will be seen as an asset.
- Swimming Pool Operator 1.
- Cash handling experience.
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Persons Check must be provided prior to starting
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and provide a drivers abstract on request.
- Individual must demonstrate that they are capable of working independently as well as with a group.
- At least two years of experience in a senior guarding position that included supervision of staff.
$ 22.43 /hr
March 15, 2019, 4:00 p.m.
To apply to this position, please go to http://www.devon.ca/Online-Services/Employment-Opportunities