Job: Pool Shift Supervisor I, II or III - City of Brooks
The City of Brooks is one of the fastest growing communities in Alberta with a multi-cultural flavour unique to other municipalities in Alberta boasting a population of 14,451.
The City of Brooks requires one (1) Pool Shift Supervisor I, II or III, depending on qualifications, in the Recreation Services Department, specifically within the Aquatics Division. The position will be based out of the JBS Canada Centre in the EID Aquatics Centre.
Job Details and Responsibilities
As the Pool Shift Supervisor I,II, or III, you will primarily be responsible for pool programming, instruction, pool operations, maintenance, custodial and trouble-shooting techniques related to Aquatics. You will also be involved in supervising and participating fully as a Lifeguard, and instruct Red Cross and Life Saving Courses along with specialized program instruction. You will also assist the Aquatic Supervisor in the development and implementation of Aquatic programming.
- As the successful applicant, you must have completed the twelfth (12th) school grade or equivalent.
- Other training requirements include: National Lifeguard Certificate/Bronze Examiner, National Lifeguard Instructor Certificate, Water Safety Instructor Certificate, Standard First Aid Certification/Aquatic Emergency Care and Pool Operator I Certificate.
- You will also hold a valid Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Other desirable qualifications include: Advanced Pool Operator Certificate, National Lifeguard Instructor, First Aid Instructor and Water Safety Instructor Trainer.
- The ideal candidate will have one (1) to three (3) years of related experience including previous supervisory experience.
Compensation and Benefits
- The City of Brooks offers a competitive benefits package with this position falling within the scope of the Collective Agreement between the City of Brooks and the Canadian Union of Public Employees Local 1032.
- The 2019 salary range for this position is $20.82 to $29.97 per hour depending on qualifications and experience. This is a full-time position with shift, weekend, and overtime hours of work. The Collective Agreement including wages can be found online at http://www.brooks.ca.
A clean criminal records check and current driver’s abstract will be required before an offer of employment is presented to the successful applicant.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is chosen. The City of Brooks thanks all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
$20.82 - $29.97 per hour
Please apply directly at: https://brooks.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=45