Job: Pool Operator - Spray Lake Sawmills Family Sports Centre
Role: Your primary purpose is to ensure the clean, safe and efficient mechanical and non-mechanical operations of the aquatics centre. You will be responsible to conduct cleaning duties in the assigned area of work, with a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible attitude. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in aquatics operations, be willing to learn the skills required, and a positive approach.
Reports to: Pool Operations Supervisor
Work Schedule: Part-time 0-20 hours/week, primarily evenings/weekends.
- Assists in maintenance and routine pump room duties. Monitors and maintains pool filtration system.
- Handles chemicals such as chlorine, celite, CO2, and muriatic acid.
- Performs pump room duties, including backwash, handling and installation of chemicals as necessary.
- Monitors pool water chemistry through testing of water samples. Adjusts chemistry as needed to maintain standards.
- Learning the processes, standards, and safety requirements involved in all duties, and working to meet expectations and standards.
- To carry communication device (radio) at all times and be available to respond to emergency situations as required.
- Perform all work with proper safety procedures in mind to ensure a safe environment for the individual themselves and the general building population.
- Record start and end of shifts using timesheet. Have any overtime approved in advance by supervisor.
- Must have strong work ethics, positive attitude, common sense and be able to prioritize
- Ability to get results, meet deadlines, be proactive in a customer friendly approach
- Pool Operators I & II Certificate preferred, but not mandatory
- Experience in a pool/aquatic environment preferred
- Facility maintenance, handyman, or plumbing experience is an asset
- Dedicated to ensuring a clean and well-maintained environment
- Willing to get/provide: Criminal Record, Check, First Aid/CPR, WHMIS
- Ability to read, write, and accurately follow verbal or written instructions in English
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the job including standing for an extended period of time, walking, lifting, and performing repetitive motion
To apply for this position, please send cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org