Job: Personal Trainers - YMCA of Northern Alberta
Location: Edmonton, Alberta.
Classification: Part-Time with availability weekends and evenings (8-20 hours per week).
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is a registered charity operating in Edmonton since 1907, Wood Buffalo since 1975 and in Grande Prairie since 2007. The YMCA’s Mission is to create life-enhancing opportunities for the growth and development of all people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA is committed to the values of respect, honesty, caring, responsibility, diversity and social inclusion.
About this Job Role (Personal Trainers):
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking dynamic individuals to assist in the delivery of services in the Individual Conditioning areas of the Workout Centre and assigned Fitness Classes. The Personal Trainers will provide active supervision of the workout centre and its patrons, provide fitness services to members and role model customer service excellence at all times.
Compensation: An attractive pay package.
- Ensure administrative duties related to fitness services and members are accurately and effectively completed.
- Manage member behavior in accordance with Health & Safety Policy, Child Protection Policy and Staff Abuse policy.
- Personal training programs are suited to experience level of the member, and over prescription and quality is monitored by the AFL Supervisor through coaching sessions.
- Circulate and supervise activities in the workout centre to ensure all members have a safe and enjoyable workout and enforce rules and regulations related to the workout centre.
- Facilitate Adult Fitness and Lifestyle programs and services. Monitor the fitness service bookings and perform workout centre orientations, individualized fitness programs and assist with the delivery of fitness and lifestyle education programs.
- Provide personalized service to all members of the workout centre ensuring all questions and concerns are addressed in a timely manner.
- Role model: recruitment and retention of volunteers and members, best practices, and a healthy lifestyle.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Degree or Diploma in Related field.
- Must have YMCA, AFLCA, CANFITPRO or CSEP Personal trainer certification.
- Police Information Check inclusive of vulnerable Sector Check.
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C
- WHMIS Certification
- Other fitness related certifications an asset (group fitness, older adult, etc.).
- Coaching certifications an asset.
- Manage work-life balance.
- Delivery of fitness programs for individuals of all fitness levels.
- Works well with team in a customer service capacity.
- Ability to demonstrate quality sales & service.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Developed coaching & team building skills.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve.
- Computer Skills (MS Office).
February 4, 2019
Applicants are requested to apply for this position directly through our website at https://northernalberta.ymca.ca/careers. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive organization that values diversity. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.