Job: Operational Service Lead - City of Grande Prairie
Community Knowledge Campus Operational Service Lead works outside of traditional business hours to support all staff on shift in the absence of supervisors or managers at the Community Knowledge Campus (CKC) including Eastlink & Centre, Coca Cola Centre on evenings and weekends. CKC Operational Service Leads also act as the first point of contact during evenings and weekends to support CKC partners, user groups and rentals booked in fields and spaces both externally and internally as well as members and drop-in spontaneous users. They are responsible for efficient operations when department managers are not working to ensure guest satisfaction. They are self- motivated individuals who lead by example and are prepared and readily available to act as a support to frontline staff or take the lead for uncommon, unique, volatile or emergency situations. They work to build relationships of trust with customers, staff, vendors and security so they are prepared to manage a variety of unique situations. They are knowledgeable about the campus and will answer questions and make decisions based on the needs of the staff and customers. They are committed to creating positive experiences to build loyalty among staff and customers resulting in the continued success of the facilities. CKC Operational Service Lead supervises CKC custodial staff.
Reporting to the General Manager the Operational Service Lead has direct contact to the CKC staff in all areas including: Aquatics, Operations, Memberships, Coca-Cola Centre, Finance, Marketing, Event & CKC booking, Clubhouse, and Fieldhouse Athletics, Fitness & Wellness, CKC Field. As needed they may also connect with representatives from St. Joes & Charles Spencer High Schools, Grande Prairie Gymniks, and various CKC tenants, user groups and contractors.
The CKC CKC Operational Service Leads will support all evening and weekend staff in the following ways:
- Acting as the “go to” person: prepared to support staff decisions and/or make directional decisions as required
- Acting as the primary contact should an issue occur on the CKC that requires immediate safety or security attention
- Providing Exceptional Service and problem solving strategies in all situations supporting both staff, vendors and customers
- Incident and emergency situation management including follow-up and maintenance of suspensions, bans and re-entry meetings
- Acts as main point of contact with communication and collaboration during evening and weekend shifts
- Responsible for ensuring member service standards are maintained via the frontline staff to members and guests of the CKC while monitoring CKC safety and security for all staff and patrons for the entire CKC.
- Track and facilitate the spontaneous use areas of the CKC ensuring guests are following the guidelines and rules and maintaining a safe play environment.
- Interact with guests creating a friendly, welcoming and safe environment while correcting and enforcing CKC guidelines and rules to patrons
- Responsible for communicating incidents, damages and inappropriate patron behavior to ensure appropriate and safe operation of the Eastlink Centre
- Assist with rentals, visitors and tenants with equipment, the performance of fieldhouse activity and/or birthday party set-up, general service requests, clerical, minor custodial and maintenance activities and set-up work as required in support of the business operations of the CKC
- Monitor events and rental activities in progress for adherence to health, safety, and security compliance
- Provide direction and assistance in resolving rental issues, CKC problems and emergency situations.
The ideal candidate will have high school plus up to two years of post-secondary education in a related field such as Recreation, Social Work, Business Administration, Security, Criminal Justice, Travel & Tourism.
- Thorough knowledge of Recreational Facility Operations with minimum 2 years of experience in facility operations or supervision, security and/or customer service, leadership and motivating teams
- Superior interpersonal, public relations, verbal & written skills
- Leadership and supervisory experince
- Experience working within a unionized environment
- Experience in conflict resolution and negotiation skills
- Experience in problem solving and organization skills
- Experience in staff development and training
- Proven ability to influence and motivate others, and manage change and related processes
- Working knowledge of municipal government environment, use diplomacy and tact while working with and advising management team
- Must have experience with and enjoy working with the public, and a knowledge of community development processes
- Demonstrated ability to appreciate diverse groups of people, economic situations, including those with a variety of physical, mental, learning and psychological disabilities
- Experience dealing with difficult situations such as vandalism, theft and a variety of incidents
- Extensive experience dealing with the Public in a number ways (i.e. Social networking, face to face, telephone, email)
- Experience and well developed skills in various forms of communication (written, verbal and presentation), collaboration & communication
- Ability to work independently in evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of the CKC
- Awareness and foresight of environmental, social, financial and political impacts of decisions made and executed
- Proven ability to be extremely flexible, get along with others, and work well as part of a team
- Proven experience having success working in a self-directed environment
- Proven experience in conflict resolution or de-escalation
- Standard First Aid, CPR + AED certification is required prior to hire
CKC Operational Service Lead requires knowledge of the overall CKC operations, which includes but is not limited to CKC features and amenities, safety/security protocols/practices, ERP's, first aid procedures and general guest services administration policies/procedures. This position must be knowledgeable about program offerings, fair play protocol, cancellation/refund policies and CKC booking procedures. The ability to think logically and be able to effectively resolve situations as required.
- Multi-tasking ability
- Computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge and understanding of Collective Agreements
- Conflict resolution skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to exercise mature judgment in order to interact in a positive fashion with guests, customers and staff
What We Offer
The Eastlink Centre, Coca Cola Centre and CKC offer an energetic, fast paced environment. A large part of each shift is spent on the floor interacting and supporting guests and members vendors and staff. This involves hours of standing, energetic customer service in a busy atmosphere. Set up or tear down of some equipment or space as required.
Due to the nature of the position, it is imperative that flexibility be exercised, there are many hours of work that fall outside the traditional working day. Evening and weekend hours on a rotating schedule is required due to the operational requirements and facility operational hours.
Community Knowledge Campus - Coca Cola Centre & Eastlink Centre
Hours of Work
40 hours per week, includes evenings and weekends.
$41.88 - 51.42/hour
Please visit the City of Grande Prairie careers website to apply.