Job: Membership Sales & Services: Supervisor - YMCA
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body.
Jamie Platz Family YMCA has the following salary position,
Membership Sales and Services: Supervisor
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective supervision and leadership in directing the overall delivery of membership services and sales. Key elements of this position include providing organizational support, coaching and feedback to front-line service staff, leading and facilitation of membership recruitment and retention focusing on the overall experience of the members, volunteers and the public. The Supervisor will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with all staff, volunteers and members.
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all the part-time staff and volunteers within service areas.
- Deliver coaching and feedback sessions with staff to ensure consistent quality service delivery.
- Ongoing relationship development with members. Solicit feedback from members and the public through focus group meetings, comment cards, surveys, web use and personal contacts. Recruit, welcome and engage members of the community and community groups into the YMCA experience. Develop action plan in conjunction with the Centre Manager to support membership retention, acquisition and reconnection strategies with the focus on membership growth.
- In conjunction with the Membership Sales and Services Director, manage the Membership Sales and Services department and membership budgets, develop budget projections, and evaluate Membership Sales and Services budgets for yearly approval.
- Ensure staff team and direct reports exhibit the highest level of service delivery in product area(s) consistent with S.A.M. best practices and standards.
- As a senior leader, champion “clean culture” in assigned operational areas through training, coaching, evaluation and recognition.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Business, Recreation or related experience.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-Level C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in the YMCA organization and/or minimum 2 years of team leadership experience.
- Minimum of 2 years of customer service, staff coaching, marketing or sales experience.
- Previous customer service and cash handling experience an asset.
- Experience working with volunteers and non-profit environments an asset.
- Excellent organizational, time management, problem solving, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Crisis management and/or conflict resolution experience an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and CLASS database an asset.
July 20, 2018
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.