Job: Manager - Town of Devon Community Pool
The Pool Manager is responsible for acting as a member of the management team as well as a shift supervisor in the operation and maintenance of the Town of Devon Outdoor Swimming Pool. This position oversees the overall operations and safety aspects of the Town pool; schedules pool programming and use; hires, manages and supervises shift supervisors as well as lifeguard/instructors; communicates with Finance staff and Recreation Operators; ensures safety requirements are met through inspection of practices and equipment and through training of staff.
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring, supervising and training for all pool staff
- Posting and interviewing for staff
- Coordinating the staff schedule throughout the summer
- Providing mid and final staff evaluations
- Train staff in the operations of cleaning, mechanical equipment & chemistry of water
- Providing guidance and supervision for staff
- Maintain a high quality of public relations between staff & the public
- Prepare and run in-service training for staff throughout the summer.
- Plan and implement the pool schedule including lessons, special events and public swimming so that it can be advertised in the community
- Develop, administer, plan & evaluate all aquatic programs for all ages
- Promote swimming lessons and special events
- Make financial decisions about running lessons based on registrations numbers
- Complete schedule for the following summer by mid- to late-August
- Ensure proper financial management throughout the season according to the budget
- Train staff on proper cash procedures
- Oversee deposits
- Ensure that purchases that are being made are budget conscious
- Ensure that proper admissions are being charged to the patrons
- Help in preparing the budget for the upcoming seasons
- Oversee staff hours and ensure they are within the yearly budget as well as hourly limitations per week
- Ensure that the pool systems are operating safely, efficiently and effectively
- See to any maintenance issues that arise throughout the season
- Work with administration and capital health to ensure proper water chemistry
- Ensure proper opening and closing procedures are followed at the beginning and end of the season.
- Providing sound leadership to pool staff as well as maintaining high quality relationships with Town employees, swim club executives, pool clientele, suppliers and Alberta Health representative.
- Standard First Aid, and CPR level C or AEC
- Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification
- Lifesaving Society Instructor Award (LSI), Lifesaving Society Swimmer Instructor award
- Swimming Pool Operator I
- Swimming Pool Operator II would be an asset
- Courses such as Fitness instruction, Synchronized Swimming and Diving will be seen as an asset.
- At least 2 years of experience in a senior guarding position in which you have supervised other staff.
- Experience running and operating a pool is also an asset.
- Your current awards and certifications must be attached with your application. Proof of current certifications/awards will be required before your application can be considered or be furthered to the interview stage.Cash handling experience
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Persons Check must be provided prior to starting
- Valid Class 5 Drivers License and provide a drivers abstract on request
- Individual must have experience working independently as well as with a group.
$ 27.50-28.32 (hourly)
March 1, 2019, 4:30 p.m.
To apply to this position, please go to http://www.devon.ca/Online-Services/Employment-Opportunities