Job: Manager On Duty (MOD) Coordinator - William Lutsky YMCA
William Lutsky YMCA has the following full-time position available (Monday to Friday 1:30pm to 10.30pm)
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic and outgoing individual for the role of Manager On Duty (MOD) Coordinator. The role is responsible for working with the Centre Manager to hire, train and supervise the Centre MOD staff team, oversee the Centre Health and Safety Program and to manage the MOD schedule. The MOD Coordinator will also be responsible for acting as a MOD during peak hours of operation (identified by the Centre) ensuring the membership and program experience meets SAM 2.0 standards and providing leadership in response to emergency situations, member complaints and other incidents.
Wage: Starting at $34,030 per annum
- Hire, train, and supervise the Centre MOD Staff Team, oversee the Health & Safety program, and manage MOD schedule.
- Management of Branch MOD System: Assist the Centre Manager in the selection and training of new MOD staff, manage the MOD schedule and admin systems related to the MOD role (certifications, MOD resource binder).
- Health & Safety Representative for the Branch: Attend and participate in all Association health & safety committee meetings, complete tasks as assigned at health & safety meetings, and ensure monthly health and safety inspections are completed and signed off.
- MOD at Branch Peak Times (Identified by Branch): The MOD Coordinator will be required to act as an MOD during identified peak times. It is expected that the MOD Coordinator role models all responsibilities and behaviors expected of an MOD.
- Assist the Centre Manager in the selection and training of new MOD staff. To manage the MOD schedule and admin systems related to the MOD role (certifications, MOD resource binder).
- Ensure that the membership and program experience meets SAM 2.0 standards.
- Supports staff when dealing with member, volunteer or staff inquires, complaints or incidents in a positive manner which balances the needs of the individual and the YMCA.
- Minimum 18 years old
- Standardized MOD Training Certification
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR-C with AED Certification
- WHMIS Certification
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search.
- Minimum of one year’s experience in the YMCA organization and/or a minimum of one year’s customer service/sales, retail or marketing experience.
- Experience working with volunteers and/or working in a non-profit environment will be considered assets.
- Direct experience of Health & Safety management.
- Crisis management and/or conflict resolution experience an asset.
- Excellent organization, multi-tasking, time management, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer skills: working knowledge of Microsoft Office and beginner knowledge of CLASS.
- Friendly, outgoing, and welcoming personality.
- Highly Motivated & Energetic/Interested in Health & Safety
Applications will remain open until TBD.
Send your resume and cover letter to Asim.Chin@northernalberta.ymca.ca
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.