Job: Manager, Marketing - Vivo for Healthier Generations
Are you inspired by the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and families in Calgary and beyond? Vivo has an exciting opening for a brand champion in the position of Manager, Marketing. This mission and business driven leader will be seeking an opportunity to create high impact and results through our cause of raising healthier generations.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Philanthropy, the Manager, Marketing will lead marketing and sales initiatives and provides leadership for our organization’s marketing, communications, and philanthropic ambitions. This position will develop advertising programs that drive sales and develop loyal customers. This role will grow our charitable enterprise reputation by extending our reach, raising new friends, and generating both prosperity and impact.
Reports to: Senior Manager, Philanthropy as a full-time position and works closely with the Innovation and Optimization teams.
Where Your Passions Lie:
- Believer in living life to the fullest- interested in the world around you
- Seeker of the new and different- willing to share and test innovative ideas
- Future-focused creative thinker- always looking to the possibilities
- Relationship and Energy builder- help support people to be and do their best
- Embracer of change- flexible and dynamic
- Live and advocate our organizational values- Impact, Curiosity, Courage, Together and Connection
- ‘Can Do’ attitude- willing to jump in and lend a hand.
- Focused on revenue growth
A Day in the Life:
- Grow the organization’s charitable brand including a long-term marketing strategy and growth plan that builds awareness for our cause which drives sales and strengthens our social impact and financial aspirations
- Lead, evolve, develop and integrate Vivo’s voice and lexicon of language, imagery and messaging across the organization’s platforms
- Collaborate with the team to develop a strategy and plan to scale deep and out our Generation Healthy Movement
- Develop a sales strategy that supports revenue generation in our Optimization area; steward annual marketing and communication campaigns learning from and playing with audiences, reaching out to diverse markets, enabling more user generated content and exploring future platforms
- Work collaboratively with the Philanthropy team to support strategic marketing and communications efforts from a donor-centric lens
- Support Innovation’s work by storytelling and translating the complex to the streetable and impactful
- Grow and steward our media relations strategy
- Lead and execute strategic marketing experiences
- Provide leadership and inspiration to the marketing team
- Create and manage the annual marketing budget
- Track and report metrics on all brand, marketing, and communication initiatives and ensure reporting to stakeholders, donors and our community
What Your Talents Include:
- Passion for our cause of raising healthier generations
- Relevant post-secondary education in marketing, communications, or a related field
- 5-10+ years’ experience in marketing/communications, preferably in the charity and not for profit sectors, with a focus on sales in a competitive sales environment
- Strong ability to act on a spirit of social innovation and entrepreneurship
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to influence others and build authentic, long-term working relationships
- Systems level thinker; self-directed and results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to work with; all levels of an organization, multi-sector partners, community, and donors
- Strong social media marketing experience
- Ability to coach, lead and inspire others with a strong emphasis on synthesizing information and idea clarification
- Highly organized with passion and ability to fail forwards
- Extensive contacts with media and institutions in Calgary is highly desirable
February 28, 2018
Please forward your cover letter and resume on or before February 28, 2018 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Vivo. Only those under consideration will be contacted.
VIVO FOR HEALTHIER GENERATIONS
Operated by Nose Creek Sports and Recreation Association, Vivo is a charitable enterprise on a mission to raise healthier generations in Calgary and beyond. We're extending our reach beyond the walls of the regional recreation centre we operate to help Canadians achieve their optimal health wherever they choose to live, learn, work and play. Learn more at vivo.ca