Job: Lifeguard/Instructor - Town of Valleyview
Lifeguards are responsible for the safety of the guests of the Aquatic portion of the Greenview Regional Multiplex Centre. They also provide positive guest service and educate guests about aquatic rules and procedures, providing first aid when necessary, and completing administrative and maintenance duties related to the position.
Instructors are responsible for providing swimming instruction and evaluations for all levels of the Red Cross Swim Program. They are also responsible for the safety supervision of guests participating in aquatic instruction and for all applicable administration.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and excellent customer services
- Proven ability to deal directly with staff and public in a courteous and friendly manner
- Efficient and effective communication skills
- Strong teamwork and cooperation skills
- Excellent skills in decision making
- Solid planning, organizing and problem-solving skills
- Provide mentorship and guidance for volunteers
- Instruct as required
- Complete all administrative work as required
- Maintain a safe aquatic setting – removing all hazards to public and staff
- Help evaluate guard positions & rotations
- Lifeguard as required
- Provide first aid as required
- Daily water test, monitoring gauges and water chemistry levels
- Chemical additions as required
- Mechanical procedures as required
Preferred Education and Experience
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor
- National Lifeguard – Pool, 16 years of age
- Standard First Aid with CPR “C” and AED (Aquatic Emergency Care with CPR C and AED, preferred)
- Aqua-Fit Certification (CALA, WaterART or AFLCA), asset
- Pool Operators 1, asset
- Lifesaving Instructor, asset
- R.C.M.P Criminal Record Check
- Be physically able to stand/walk for extended periods at a time.
- Physically fit to perform rescue techniques when required
- Be able to remain in a wet atmosphere for extend periods of time.
- Constantly changing environments were noise levels will vary over the course of the day.
- Very dynamic work environment
- Moderate lifting maybe required.
Rate of Pay
The Town of Valleyview offers:
- Excellent benefit package
- Advancement opportunities; as well as personal and professional development
- Competitive wages based on qualifications and experience
Via email firstname.lastname@example.org or:
Come in directly to the Valleyview & District Recreation Department Office located in the Polar