Job: Lifeguard / Instructor - Town of Devon Community Pool
This is a seasonal position with the Town of Devon for the months of May through August. This is the ideal job if you like swimming and being outside. This position provides maintenance of the entire aquatic area, performs first aid as required, teaches swimming lessons, and provides lifeguarding supervision to the public. The aquatic instructor/guard works closely under the direction of the pool supervisor. This is a part-time position with a maximum of 40 hours per week. As per the Canada Summer Jobs Program, the successful candidate must be between the ages of 15 and 30, and must be available for evenings and weekends and other shifts as required, including day shifts.
- Provide high quality customer service and pool supervision to all pool patrons.
- Instruct aquatic lessons for children, youth, and adults.
- Evaluate class participant performance.
- Maintain a welcoming, inclusive, hygienic and safe environment for customers and staff.
- Prepare lessons, evaluations, and progress cards.
- Respond to incidents that occur in the aquatic area or the facility.
- Complete all maintenance and administrative duties as required.
- Actively participate in mandatory in-service training events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Possession of Canadian Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certification.
- Lifeguard position requires NLS (National Lifeguard Service) Certification and AEC (Aquatic Emergency Care) or other first aid equivalent.
- All training awards must be kept current according to certifying organizations' standards.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent communication and instructional skills.
- Ability to resolve conflict using diplomacy and problem solving skills.
- Commitment to continuously improving swimming lesson results and assisting co-workers and supervisors with tasks whenever needed.
- Lifesaving Instructor (LSI) award, Lifesaving Society Swim Instructor award, and aqua-fit instructor would be considered an asset.
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference and Vulnerable Persons Check must be provided prior to starting.
- Experience working at a pool lifeguarding and teaching lessons would be an asset.
- Current awards and certifications must be attached with application. Proof of current certifications/awards will be required before application can be considered or be furthered to the interview stage.
This is a part-time position with a maximum of 40 hours per week and flexible hours at the discretion of your supervisors, ending by August 31, 2019. Most hours from May through August will be during the day, however there will be evening and weekend shifts required throughout the summer months.
$ 18.70 /hr
March 15, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
To apply to this position, please go to http://www.devon.ca/Online-Services/Employment-Opportunities