Job: General Manager - Huntington Hills Community Association
The Huntington Hills Community Association (HHCA) operates a large multi-faceted recreation facility in the north end of Calgary. The facility contains a regular sized hockey arena, an eight-sheet curling club, childcare, sports fields, seniors club as well as a Parent Link Centre and family support services.
The Community Association is well respected within the city of Calgary and works towards addressing the needs of the community and the surrounding area. Programs and services range from recreational pursuits to social needs, child care and seniors’ activities.
The Board of Directors are looking to fill the position of General Manager to oversee the management of the facility as well as offer professional guidance to the Board.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, experience and skill in a variety of areas including, but not limited to the following:
- Management of a not-for -profit community-based organization with a background in winter sports as well as an appreciation for social service programs.
- Skills to oversee the financial needs of the Association including the ability to understand financial statements and other accounting functions such as invoicing, payables, receivables, payroll, and government remittances.
- Experience in developing policies and procedures necessary for the smooth operation of a not-for-profit organization.
- Experience in applying for government grants, as well as other funding opportunities available for not-for-profits and amateur sports.
- An appreciation and awareness for programs involved with the social concerns of families and individuals in need.
- Knowledge of human resources and staffing according to government guidelines while working within the Associations’ policies.
- Good understanding of the technologies as it pertains to Management and communication with staff and clients.
A complete copy of the job description is available by request at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please. HHCA would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the Huntington Hills Association. HHCA is an equal opportunity employer. Salary will be determined according to qualifications and experience. HHCA offers a comprehensive health and benefits package.
July 2, 2018
Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com