Job: Facility Operator - City of Red Deer
Join a vibrant outdoor centric community filled with trails and breathtaking nature along the winding river valley of Red Deer, in Central Alberta. Red Deer is an economically dynamic region of Alberta situated directly between Edmonton and Calgary along the vital QE 2 corridor. It’s a perfect blend of small town friendliness and big city conveniences. Host to the 2016 Memorial Cup and the 2019 Canada Winter Games, Red Deer continues to welcome all of Canada with open arms.
The City of Red Deer is currently seeking the right person to fill the Permanent Full-time position of Facility Operator. This position is responsible for leading and directing the physical performance of the facility’s operations. This involves leading and supervising facility staff, managing projects and contracts, safety initiatives and infrastructure maintenance. It also supports community users, risk management for staff and public, managing the budget, with communication and public relations as key aspects.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
- A graduate of post-secondary education in a related recreation, leisure or sports studies field. Education in a relevant field may be considered.
- Alberta Association of Recreation Facility Personnel Western Certificate (Master Facility Operator). At minimum, designation relevant to specific facility demands in General Facility Operator, Facility Operator Supervisor, Arena Operator 2, Pool Operator 2, Facility Operator Parks and Life Cycle Risk Management from an accredited, provincially recognized institution or organization such as the AARFP.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a recreation environment, with experience in the areas of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics, arena refrigeration and/or pool mechanical/chemical systems in a recreation environment. Similar experience in other public or commercial buildings may be considered.
- Minimum 3 years demonstrated supervisory experience in recreation facilities with understanding in HR related policies, motivation and leadership.
- Alberta Boilers Safety Association - 5th Class Power Engineering* preferred (*required for Collicutt Centre).
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings, ‘as-builts’ and technical specifications.
- Valid Alberta Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Current Standard First Aid and WHMIS.
- Training in Occupational Health and Safety management systems.
- Familiar with related safety, fire, building and other codes.
- Must be able to be fit tested and successfully wear CSA approved equipment to meet OH&S requirements.
- Knowledge and demonstrated competency to work with a variety of Windows-based computer systems including computer-controlled building management systems.
- Completion of a satisfactory Criminal Records Check (completed by The City upon employment
What we offer:
In addition to the competitive wage of $37.47 to $39.44 per hour and an excellent benefits package, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer.
$37.47 to $39.44 per hour
August 27, 2018
We welcome applications until August 27, 2018.
For more information and to apply online, please visit us at http://www.reddeer.ca/careers
or email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org.