Job: Facility Operator - City of Beaumont
City of Beaumont
Come work with us! Employment with the City of Beaumont offers an opportunity to make a positive difference in the community! We are a forward thinking organization focused on continuous improvement, innovation, and exceptional customer service. We are Alberta’s newest City and we are aspiring to redefine what a City can be. Our Beaumont team is collaborative, professional, and passionate about supporting the vision of a growing, vibrant, and spirited community.
The Parks and Facilities division is building a team that is passionate about high service levels, community building, and positive change, and we are seeking an Operator to support this vision. Reporting to the Team Lead, the ideal candidate will have a strong background in arena and facility maintenance (previous municipal experience is an asset), and someone who has the ability and desire to provide excellent customer service to guest, patrons and the entire team.
Key areas of responsibility include:
- Ice making and general ice maintenance
- Minor rink board repairs and installation
- Building maintenance (electrical, plumbing, and carpentry repairs)
- Janitorial duties such as change rooms, rink glass, garbage removal etc.
- Event set-up and take downs for various functions and events
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Fifth Class Power Engineering Certification
- Arena Level 1 & 2 and Building Maintenance Level 1 &2 certifications
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
- Current Standard First Aid and WHMIS
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook
- Parks experience and education will be equally graded
As the successful candidate you will have the ability to:
- Meet the shift requirements; shifts may include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and holidays
- Demonstrate your experience in arena and facility maintenance and equipment operation
- Work in all weather conditions; shifts involve indoor and some outdoor work
- Lift heavy equipment and materials up to 50 lbs.
- Provide a clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector
- Provide a Driver’s Abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behaviour
- Communicate effectively and work as part of a team
This permanent full-time posting offers a minimum starting salary of $59,259 - $77,320 (starting salary is negotiable within this range based on suitable experience and qualifications), a competitive benefits package and a 40-hour work week.
$59,259 - $77,320 /annum
May 29, 2019
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume (in PDF or Word format), indicating the competition number (2019-36) in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 29, 2019
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.