Job: Facility Operator - Beaumont
The Town of Beaumont is seeking casual Facility Operators to perform ice maintenance as well as building and custodial maintenance. Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities, these individuals with have a strong background in ice and facility maintenance with excellent team work skills, and the ability to provide effective customer service to guests, patrons, and the department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ice making and general ice maintenance
- Minor rink board repairs and installation
- Building maintenance
- Janitorial duties such as change rooms, rink glass, garbage removal etc.
- Event set-up and take downs for various functions and events
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 1 year demonstrated experience in arena maintenance and Zamboni operation
- Previous experience in building maintenance is an asset
- Proven skills in equipment operation
- Must be able to support and project Beaumont’s values
- Must be able to communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Previous municipal experience is an asset
- A Valid Class 5 operators license
- Standard First Aid with CPR
- Must be flexible to work varying shifts, including early morning, evening and weekends
The successful candidate for this position must provide a clear Criminal Record Check with vulnerable sector and a Drivers Abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behavior prior to the commencement of employment.
The hourly wage for his casual position is $27.93. Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This posting will remain open until it is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.