Job: eLearning Specialist - ARPA
Job Title: eLearning Specialist
Employment type: Part-time (18 - 24 hours/week)
Remuneration: $28.00 - $38.00/hour subject to qualifications and experience
Benefits package after 3-month probationary period
Alberta Recreation and Parks Association (ARPA) is a provincial not for profit charitable organization dedicated to advancing the growth and development of recreation and parks services in Alberta. The Association provides extensive professional development, educational and awareness opportunities, disseminates a broad range of information and acts as an independent voice of the recreation and parks profession in Alberta.
ARPA is seeking an eLearning Specialist for a 12-month part-time position that will be responsible for the successful development of recreation and parks education and professional development modules in an online environment. The incumbent will collaborate with post-secondary institutions and other partner associations in Alberta and Canada and be expected to identify trends and opportunities for the recreation and parks profession and sector. The incumbent will be expected to maintain and build positive relationships with ARPA staff, members and partners. This position would report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and would work closely with several of ARPA’s program staff. This position would preferably be based in ARPA’s Edmonton office.
The eLearning Specialist designs, develops, implements, and administers learning strategies and education and professional development programs in conjunction with our subject matter experts. The position will have a key role in the development and evolution of the Canadian Parks and Recreation “Parks and Recreation Professional” designation and to that end ensures training programs are compliant and meet legislative, quality, and service contract guidelines as required. See http://www.cprapdc.ca for more information on this designation program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The incumbent will be capable of and responsible for the following:
- identify education and professional development needs and opportunities based on the 19 sector competencies, the Framework for Recreation in Canada 2015 - Pathways to Wellbeing, Parks for All and the Common Vision.
- identify and manage an online platform to deliver education and professional development materials.
- ensure the development of interactive and engaging curriculum modules.
- identify and develop an ongoing course delivery schedule and calendar.
- identify, develop and/or collaborate on funding and partnership proposals for course development.
- manage course projects and provide reporting as required by funders.
- identify strategic partnerships opportunities to develop and /or deliver eLearning opportunities.
- strengthen partnerships and ARPA ‘s reputation for education and professional development courses.
- identify marketing and communications strategies for professional development courses.
- represent the Association on internal and external committees as required.
- recruit and support instructors and presenters for courses, as required.
- develop and deliver evaluation and assessment tools for education and professional development courses.
- build an inventory of continuous learning courses and credit recognition.
- ensures development of curriculum, content, materials, and resources for the online learning modules.
- performs administrative tasks such as budgets, contracts, platform operation and enrollment.
- migrates appropriate classroom courses to online courses.
- designs, develops, and supports effective online courses.
- work collaboratively with partners and content providers to ensure high-quality and innovative courses.
- may involve supervision of practicum or summer staff students or consultants.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Google Apps and Excel, Adobe Creative Suite, audio and video editing), and instructional software.
- Familiarity with learning management systems such as Moodle, D2L Bright space or Blackboard Learn.
- Experience with certification, credit tracking systems and Registrar functions.
- Understanding instructional systems design, instructional design, or adult learning theories.
- Experience with synchronous tools such as GoTo Meeting, Adobe Connect and Blackboard Collaborate.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organized and able to create and manage multiple timelines, budgets, and schedules.
- Able to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Related experience in instructional design development of interactive, blended learning programs using multi-channel delivery methods.
- Experience with student response systems, Assessment technologies, Mobile learning.
- Able to analyze quantitative and qualitative information and develop appropriate recommendations to support continuous program improvements.
- French language is an asset.
- Knowledge of adult learning theories and instructional design methodologies.
- Knowledge of current / emergent trends in eLearning, virtual, social and mobile learning.
- Experience working well directly with faculty in post-secondary institutions.
- Online teaching experience would be considered an asset.
- Will require creativity, self-initiative and working collaboratively and independently as circumstances warrant.
- Bachelor's degree in instructional design, teaching and learning in adult education, educational technology, training and development, or a related field, information technology, or related field.
- Master's degree or higher in Adult Education or teaching/learning-related discipline is an asset.
- Certified Training & Development Professional (CTDP), or in process, an asset.
- Demonstrated competency in developing instructional material in various online formats.
- Demonstrated experience in creating online learning courses.
- Experience with the development of professional development instructional material.
- Knowledge and competency in applying instructional design theories, learning theories and concepts of curriculum development.
- Knowledge about and experience in using educational technologies, in particular multimedia tools.
- Enrolment in the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association Professional Development Certification program will be a requirement following the probationary period (3 months). These costs will be covered by ARPA.
$28 - $38 /hour
Open Until Filled
Please submit your resume with cover letter, in confidence, to:
Director of Finance and Operations
11759 Groat Road NW
Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 3K6 or by to email firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We appreciate your interest in this position and advise that only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.