Job: Director of Community Services - Town of Innisfail
The Town of Innisfail is excited about the opportunity to attract a Director of Community Services to its senior leadership team. This unique individual must have the ability and desire to serve within the values of trust, integrity and respect within the principles of transparency, teamwork, pride and fun. The Town of Innisfail, population 8,000 is located within the central Alberta core and offers modern amenities, regional tourist attractions, and easy access to the major urban centres of Red Deer and Calgary. The new Director will have the opportunity to assist the newly elected council in establishing a strategic focus. Reporting to the CAO, the Director is responsible to lead the functions of all Town own facilities and the Family and Community Support Services.
Key Responsibilities include:
- This position is responsible for community development and engagement, communication and public relations, risk and safety management plus contract management, budgeting and policy development.
- Responsible for operations, maintenance and capital development of multiple assets including, twin ice arena, aquatic centre and all other town own facilities
- Provides strategic leadership and supports the effectiveness and efficiency of the Community Services Department
- Development of departmental operational plans in relation to council’s corporate plan
- Focus on effective team building, conflict resolution, reaching consensus for best results, in particular mentoring, coaching and motivating employees
- Represents the Town professionally and has the ability to develop effective working relationships with the public, council, employees, agencies and stakeholders.
- Related university undergraduate degree such as Recreation Facility Management, Recreation Administration, Physical Education, Public Administration or Business Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of five years experience at a management level in a community service, recreation or culture management role that includes facility and program service delivery.
- Experience in senior management in a community services, recreation or culture delivery system with demonstrated ability to put together successful delivery teams and to facilitate community development approach to service delivery.
- The ability to empower staff
- Strong communication skills with proven ability to effectively communicate with the CAO, council, employees and the public
- Ability to prepare request for proposals, interpret reports and documents related to the position
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
competitive salary/excellent benefits package
April 3, 2018
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by 4:00 p.m. on April 3, 2018 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Coordinator
4943 53 Street, Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.