Job: Coordinator, Summer Daycamp - City of Whitehorse
The incumbent coordinates, monitors, facilitates, delivers, supports and oversees a diverse range of programs including arts, crafts and recreational activities for various age groups.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan, organize and deliver camp activities including games, sports, arts, crafts, cultural activities, field trips and special events.
- Supervise program development.
- Assist in training, supervising and evaluating camp staff.
- Oversee a group of participants to ensure safety at all times.
- Liaise with stakeholders including parents/guardians, camp participants and other City staff to provide updates and communicate concerns.
- Respond to inquiries and distribute information regarding the summer camp program.
- Maintain a safe and tidy program space ensuring equipment is set-up and stored appropriately.
- Supervise and transport participants to and from field trips.
- Perform administrative duties including monitoring the budget and preparing reports.
- Purchase materials and supplies for camp.
- Follow, so far as is reasonably practicable, established safety procedures and standards.
- Other related duties.
This description contains elements necessary for identification and evaluation of the job. The incumbent may be required to perform other related duties.
- Majority of work is performed under public recreation setting environment with some exposure to noisy conditions and bodily fluids. Knowledge and Skills:
- Post-secondary education in recreation or related field.
- 1 year previous experience in child care, day camp or recreational environment dealing with children/youth.
- Supervisory experience is an asset.
- Food Safe level 1.
- RCMP Vulnerable Sector check.
- Standard First Aid and CPR, Level C.
- Class 5 Drivers’ License.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to foster and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
Examples of Equipment to Operate:
Vehicle, first aid and a variety of sporting equipment and general office equipment including computer skills to operate software programs related to word processing, electronic mail, etc.
Employment Contract: PSAC Y023
Hours Per Week: 4 X 10 or 5 X 8 Hours
Guaranteed Minimum Hours
Start Date of Position
End Date (Temporary and Term)
Number of Hires Needed
February 17, 2019
An Eligibility List may be established from this job posting for similar positions – The duration of the eligibility list will be 6 months. Future vacancies will be filled by going to the next highest ranked candidate until the eligibility list expires. The City wishes to thank all applicants for their interest but only those candidates selected to advance in the recruitment will be
contacted. Note that only those candidates eligible to legally work in Canada will be considered.