Job: Complex Operator - Town of Ponoka
The Town of Ponoka is currently seeking applications for a permanent full-time Complex Operator for our Recreation & Parks department.
Duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Promote and coordinate the use of the arena complex by monitoring and analyzing user patterns to expand utilization; ensuring the facility is attractive and well maintained; and providing a high degree of customer service;
- Provide senior management with recommendations on policy, program and procedure changes to meet the changing needs within the community, as well as participate in financial management;
- Plan and manage the operation and maintenance of the physical plants;
- Promote and coordinate the use of ball parks and other outdoor recreational facilities by developing and implementing preventative and routine maintenance schedules;
- Supervise the staff required to effectively operate the various facilities by orientating and training staff in the performance of their respective duties and establishing cost effective shift schedules;
- Foster, encourage and support all aspects of the Town’s Safety Program Policy.
The successful candidate will possess:
- Minimum of three to five years of related experience in Facility Management (preference will be given to those with Arena and Ball Diamond Management experience);
- Valid Class 3 Operators License is required (air brake endorsement preferred);
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Check.
Hours of Work
Primarily working Monday to Friday 7:30 am to 4:30 pm, 40 hours per week. Dependent on operational needs, shift schedules are subject to change to nights and weekends throughout the year.
$25.64 - $29.73 /hour
Applicants are asked to email resumes to email@example.com until suitable candidate is found
The Town of Ponoka thanks all applicants in advance, however, only those being considered will be contacted