Job: Communications and Marketing Coordinator - ARPA
Communications and Marketing Coordinator Position Type: Full-time – 12 month Contract Term Position
(July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020)
Are you a natural storyteller with strong writing skills?
Do you swear by to do lists and colour-coded calendars?
Do you pride yourself on getting the details right and never missing a deadline?
We’re looking for you. At Alberta Recreation and Parks Association (ARPA), we believe effective communication relies on creativity, clarity and accuracy. As the Communications and Marketing Coordinator, you take the lead in designing and implementing communications and marketing strategies for the Association. You know how to target an audience, craft the right words, and harness social media, websites and email marketing to get your message across. You’re also ready to use your natural people skills to build and strengthen relationships with our members and partners.
Most of all, you care about the health and wellness of our province, and are excited to join a team committed to helping Albertans enjoy the many benefits of recreation and parks.
ARPA is a provincial not-for-profit organization, dedicated to advancing the growth and development of recreation and parks services in Alberta (find out more on our website at http://www.arpaonline.ca). We manage high profile, province-wide programs and initiatives, disseminate a broad range of information and act as an independent voice of the recreation and parks movement in Alberta.
If you’re ready to work with a high degree of independence, juggle diverse projects and flex your organizational skills, we want to meet you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, coordinate and implement a communications plan to deliver corporate communication strategies, and evaluate the effectiveness of communication campaigns and activities in meeting the Association’s objectives.
- Maximize use of a variety of mediums and technologies to strengthen stakeholder relationships and the ARPA brand (including CRM, websites, social media, online surveys, video, newsletters, etc.).
- Research, write, produce and disseminate a wide variety of communications and publicity including media releases, newsletters, sponsor prospectuses, brochures, speeches, videos, displays and annual reports.
- Provide communications and marketing support for ARPA programs, services, events, management and staff;
- Oversee the development and maintenance of communication tools, including multiple websites, email marketing and social media.
- Assist in developing relationships with media by fostering an awareness and understanding of the benefits of recreation and parks as well as promoting the various achievements of ARPA programs and initiatives.
- Work collaboratively with ARPA Staff, Recreation for Life Board of Directors and event consultants to research and develop prospectuses for corporate sponsors.
- Track exposure and communications opportunities and report the success of sponsor exposure as a part of annual reporting to our corporate sponsors.
- Develop in-depth knowledge about business development practices, marketing activities, prospective corporate partners and industry trends.
- Maintain an inventory system of communications contacts, corporate partners and prospects.
- Support the Recreation for Life Foundation as it relates to their communication needs including event marketing, sponsorship development and annual giving programs.
- Oversee the design, printing and production of all communications materials to ensure corporate consistency.
- Provide graphic design support or supervise a part-time graphic designer.
- Represent the Association on internal and external committees as required.
- Set up, maintain and report on related budget accounts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Creative, motivated, and a self-starter.
- Proactive, with ability to work independently, supporting numerous program leads and contributing to a positive team environment.
- Ability to manage and problem-solve competing deadlines and priorities, managing numerous projects and driving each towards realization
- A track record of success in establishing and maintaining excellent professional relationships with members, stakeholders, partners and sponsors.
- Ability to plan, develop, coordinate, implement, and evaluate promotional, educational and public relations strategies, programs and events.
- Storytelling, ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience in working with databases to track customers, sponsors and donors.
- Ability to develop and implement concepts and themes and to research, write, produce and disseminate a variety of promotional, informational and publicity material.
- Knowledge and experience using various technologies, i.e. website CMS, Adobe Creative Suite, social media platforms.
- Ability to prepare and maintain reports, presentations, correspondence and other related materials.
- Possess great attention to detail, accuracy and proofreading skills.
- Interest and enthusiasm for work in the non-profit sector.
- Graphic design experience considered an asset.
- Experience with video production and editing considered an asset.
- Diploma/certificate/degree in public relations, marketing, communications or other related field.
- Minimum 2 years related experience.
- a current criminal record check may be required
- Enrolment in the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association Professional Development Certification program will be a requirement following the probationary period (3 months). These costs will be covered by ARPA.
- $39,018 – 53,325 annual salary based on 36.25 hours/week (salary under review)
- All travel and ancillary expenses related to job duties will be covered
- Benefits including health/dental/vision plan (50% employee/50% employer) plus a matching RRSP program will be available after a probationary period
- This position will be centred out of ARPA’s office located in Edmonton.
$39,018 – 53,325 /annum
Open Until Filled
Please submit your resume and cover letter, in confidence to:
Director of Finance and Operations
11759 Groat Road,
Edmonton, Alberta, T5M 3K6
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Please visit https://www.arpaonline.ca to find out more about our Association.
We appreciate your interest in this position and advise that only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.