Job: Assistant Summer Program Coordinator - Town of Beaumont
Assistant Summer Program Coordinator
The Town of Beaumont is looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Summer Program Coordinator to join our Summer Team, working with our Summer Program Coordinator to create an exciting summer program for children ages 3-11 years. The
remuneration for this position is $16.73 per hour, based on a 35 hour work week for 15 weeks. (May 14 – August 24, 2018).
(Under the guidance of the Summer Program Coordinator),
- Plan, coordinate, implement and participate in various themed weeks of summer camps and a variety of other summer programs for 3 -11 year olds
- Evaluate summer camps procedures, methods, and recommends improvements
- Assists Summer Program Coordinator and Community Program Coordinator in the various Human Resources tasks in accordance with administrative policies and provincial legislation
- Assists with training, supervision and works directly with camp leaders and volunteers
- Preference will be given to students currently attending post-secondary education in recreation, education, child-care or related field and returning to school full-time in Fall 2018
- Experience with program planning and delivery of children’s programs (preferably in a camp setting)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong leadership skills, exceptional communication skills including conflict resolution, problem solving and ability to deal with and maintain good relations with staff, parents, and children
- Experience with supervision of staff and volunteers
- Highly energetic, enthusiastic and creative
- Current First Aid & CPR (or willingness to acquire at own cost)
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- Child Intervention Record Check
Hire is dependent upon a Criminal Record Check, with vulnerable sector satisfactory to the Town of Beaumont.
This position may be partially funded through the Alberta Government Summer Temporary Employment Program (STEP). Successful candidates must meet all program eligibility criteria including, but not limited to: not a current employee of
Beaumont. For more information on student eligibility, please visit Summer Temporary Employment Program.
March 4, 2018
Interested applicants may forward their cover letter and resume no later than March 4, 2018 to:
Town of Beaumont
5600 49 Street
Beaumont, Alberta, T4X 1A1
Applicants who are not contacted within three weeks of the closing date are thanked for their interest.