Job: Assistant Recreation Programmer (Adult Wellness) - Strathcona County
Recreation, Parks and Culture
The Assistant Recreation Programmer provides a high level of support to programs and services within the area of expertise (Adult Wellness) to exceed guest expectations through quality service and meeting community needs. The Assistant Recreation Programmer reflects RPC’s mission to generate opportunities for guests to pursue healthy lifestyle choices.
- Provide program coordination, communications, delivery and evaluation to ensure all programs and service areas are maintained at the highest level with quality service, high performing staff, contractors, equipment and venue spaces
- Along with the Recreation Programmer, hire, train and ensure ongoing development of contract or instructional staff to develop proficiency and consistency among the teams, as well as assist with supervision, scheduling, guidance for day-to-day tasks, special projects, and administrative support
- Perform and lead by example instructor responsibilities and expectations
- Attend, monitor and assist classes where needed with guest service issues or service recovery, answering questions, facilitating discussions between instructor/contractor and participant/parent
- Actively engage program and facility guests, provide excellent customer service, assist with surveys and feedback collection, guest retention strategies and orientation programs, perform as part of a team, network, contribute and attend meetings
- Create and review Safe Work Practices, create/review competency training with hourly staff (where applicable),conduct monthly safely meetings, monthly planned inspections, incident investigations, inspect equipment used by hourly staff and maintain OH&S regulations specific to the program area
- Research equipment and space trends; purchase equipment according to Strathcona County guidelines
- Along with the Recreation Programmer, research new trends and network to ensure services are improved/developed, and discarded proactively
- Support the planning; implementing, and monitoring programs and services to ensure guests' needs are met
- Perform administrative tasks such as completing contract invoicing, creating checklists, filing, data input and tracking
Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication, leadership and team building skills, with proven ability to maintain high standards of safety, quality and cooperation
- Ability to work independently, on a team, and in a variety of environments
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Subject matter expertise in Adult Wellness programming
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and scheduling software, and knowledge of safe work practices
- University degree in physical education, recreation administration or a related field, with a minimum of one year recreation related supervisory or leadership experience
- Considerable experience working within area of expertise (Adult Wellness) in a teaching, mentoring, leading, volunteering, tutoring or coaching role
- AFLCA, Can Fit-Pro, and CPT-CSEP certification(s) are assets
- Web-based scheduling experience is an asset
- Conditions of employment:
- Submission of a satisfactory criminal record check
- Valid Alberta drivers’ license, with drivers abstract and reliable method of transportation
- Ability and willingness to work days, evenings, and weekends
- Current CPR (C), AED, Standard First Aid, OHS
The annual salary range for this permanent full-time position is $59,134 to $73,902, working 40 hours per week.
May 21, 2018
Please visit the link below to apply for this position.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Competition #143-2018-EXT-RPC closes May 21, 2018
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We contact only candidates selected for interviews.