Job: Assistant Manager - The Castle Downs Family YMCA
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking an enthusiastic individual to provide operational and strategic leadership to the Castle Downs Family YMCA. The Castle Downs YMCA has an annual operating budget of $2.8 million in revenues and a membership of 5,000. Castle Downs serves 2000 campers annually and provides up to 75 fitness classes per week and 1500 members taking weekly swim lessons. The Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the Centre Manager by leading and demonstrating exceptional customer service and program delivery with an emphasis on relationship building, coaching and development. Accountabilities include: member retention, program development and program service delivery and community engagement. The successful candidate will demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills with YMCA staff, volunteers and members, as well as with community partners and stakeholders.
The Assistant Manager is a member of the Centre’s Senior Leadership Team and is directly accountable to the Centre Manager. The Assistant Manager, as required, also represents the YMCA of Northern Alberta with peers in the community, with other local community program providers and service delivery partners. The Assistant Manager supports the Centre Manager with the integration and alignment of the staff and services to the vision and mission of the YMCA of Northern Alberta.
Salary: The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Oversee and manage assigned Program Areas with an emphasis on service excellence, member growth and retention.
- Recruit and manage all staff and volunteers within assigned program and service areas.
- Provide leadership to program service delivery, meeting YMCA Quality Service Standards, and ensuring future directions meet the needs of members and the community.
- Support the Centre Manager in the creation and implementation of annual business plans for the centre with specific targets and activities.
- Support the Centre Manager in achieving membership and program participation targets for the centre.
- Support the achievement of branch targets for the annual Strong Kids (fundraising campaign), including volunteer recruitment, donor and financial targets.
- Develop, manage and monitor approved budgets to ensure sustainable operations and the achievement of financial targets, for assigned program areas.
- Uphold the Association’s commitment to the health, safety and security of its staff, volunteers and members. Identify risks and ensure appropriate measures are taken to mitigate risks.
- As assigned, foster, establish and maintain effective community relationships and partnerships.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, are assets
- Valid Driver’s License and vehicle.
- Prior to commencement of employment, the successful candidate must provide a satisfactory Police Information Check including a vulnerable sector search.
- University Degree in a Human Services, Recreation or related field.
- Considerable leadership/management experience in a related sector, which includes recruitment and retention of staff, volunteers and members.
- Proven track record with innovative and quality program service delivery – at all levels.
- Proven track record in collaboration, building and maintaining effective relationships and philanthropy – fundraising and volunteer recruitment.
- Solid track record of membership attraction, retention and growth.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, team building, coaching and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in budgeting, program delivery and financial management.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive compensation and benefits package.
April 27, 2018
Applications will remain open until Friday, April 27, 2018.
Please send your resume and cover letter to – email@example.com