Job: Arena Supervisor - Town of Innisfail
This position works in the Innisfail Twin Arena year round, reporting to the Facility Manager. The position works as part of the Facility Maintenance team, the Facility Booking Coordinator and Arena operators, to ensure the efficient operation of the facility. This position is responsible for the supervision of all aspects of the daily operation and maintenance of the complex. The Arena Supervisor is responsible for supervision of arena operators and interacts with user groups to create a positive experience for all patrons of the complex.
Compensation is based on a 40 hour work week. Rotational Stand-by, weekends, day and night shift work are required. A criminal record check, including vulnerable sectors and current drivers abstract will be required before an offer of employment will be made.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Winter duties include: installation of ice, ice maintenance, general cleaning, staff supervision, schedule review and duties required and related to an arena in operation.
- Summer duties include: staff supervision, schedule review, upgrades and maintenance of the facility based on operational and capital budgets and duties related to the facility being used for dry surface events such as lacrosse and summer day camps
- Grade 12 or equivalent, post secondary certificate or diploma in Recreation Facility Management or Recreation Administration,
- A valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license,
- A valid Standard First Aid/CPR certificate, basic building trade skills related to recreation facility maintenance.
- Five years municipal experience, two of which should be at the supervisory level.
- Candidates must also have the Alberta Association of Recreation Facility Personnel (AARFP) Level 2 Arena Operator course. AARFP – Facility Personnel Supervisory Skill for Facility Operators course and Arena Maintenance – Olympia course would be an asset
The Town of Innisfail offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package. A copy of the detailed job description available upon request.
April 26, 2019
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resumes in confidence by PDF by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, April 26, 2019 to:
Town of Innisfail
Attention: Erica Vickers, Finance Manager
4943 53 Street, Innisfail, Alberta, T4G 1A1
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.