Job: Arena/Parks Operator 1 - Town of Devon
Town of Devon Position Description
Position: Arena/Parks Operator 1
Title of Position:
The Arena Operator 1 position is responsible for daily arena operations from September to April, as well as daily parks operations from April to August. Responsibilities include but are not limited to providing a high quality customer service, arena ice plant maintenance, Zamboni operations, safe operation and preventative maintenance of a variety of motorized equipment, garbage removal and recycling, janitorial and grounds maintenance, snow removal, inspection and documentation, seasonal start up and shut down of the arena, trail parks and playground maintenance, event support and building repairs. This position is focused on ensuring that the Town of Devon arena, facilities, trails and public spaces are inspected and well-maintained for public safety. Due to the changing needs of each season and the wide range of responsibilities, attention to detail, excellent customer service skills and well-honed mechanical and building repair expertise are required.
- Daily (winter seasonal) customer service delivery, ice maintenance, arena ice plant maintenance, facility cleaning, garbage removal and recycling, snow removal and grounds maintenance, and facility maintenance.
- Seasonal start up and shut down of the ice plant.
- Daily (spring/summer seasonal) maintenance of parks, trails, buildings and facilities (office, community centre, arena, pool), horticulture, preventative maintenance, janitorial tasks, waste removal, recycling, special event support.
- Risk management: inspect, identify, assess and prioritize risks.
- Light/medium duty equipment and hand tool operation and maintenance.
- Active participation in the Town’s Health and Safety program.
Education: The minimum education requirement is a high school diploma and current Arena Operator 1 certification (must be willing and able to complete Arena Operator 2), as well as a Class 5 license.
Experience: 2-3 years related experience is an asset
- Excellent Customer Service is an asset;
- Familiarity with WHMIS legislation;
- Must have valid Class 5 driver’s license and produce a drivers abstract with less than six demerits;
- First Aid and CPR is an asset;
- Security clearances will be required for the successful candidate.
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday - Sunday. Evening and weekend work will be required.
Classification title: Recreation Operator 1 Arena-Parks
Department: Community & Economic Development
Reports to: Arena Lead Hand
Closing date: Friday, December 29, 2017, 12:00 p.m. (MST)
Number of openings: 1 - Permanent full-time
Work location(s): 32 Haven Avenue, Devon, Alberta T9G 1X4
10 Exploration Drive, Devon, Alberta T9G 2A3
$23.86 – $30.07 /hr
December 29, 2017
Submit Application to: Kristin Walsh, Manager of Parks, Recreation & Culture, firstname.lastname@example.org