Job: Arena/Parks Attendant - Town of Gibbons
RESPONSIBLE TO: Town Manager and Community Services Director
REPORTS TO: Community Services Director
WORK WEEK: 37.5 Hours
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position will require the Employee to work evenings and weekends and may require additional hours over and above the normal work week from time to time.
SUBORDINATE POSITIONS: Seasonal and/or Part Time Positions
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Community Services Director this position is responsible for the day to day operation of Arena and Curling Rink including the booking, cleaning and regular maintenance of the ice surface, building and equipment throughout the winter months. This position will also involve the maintenance of the local parks, sports fields and trails in the summer months.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: A minimum of a high school diploma is required. A University Degree or College Diploma in a related field is preferred. A combination of education and experience may be taken into consideration. Successful completion of Arena Operator Level 1 and 2 courses would be considered an asset. Completion of additional related arena and/or facility maintenance courses or training would also be an asset. A minimum of a Class 5 Drivers Licence is required for this position.
- Provide excellent customer service to user groups and the general public.
- Responsible for Arena and Curling Rink bookings and scheduling.
- Prepare user group contracts and ensure information is forwarded appropriately for billing.
- Prepare the slab and build quality ice in the fall. Remove the ice and clean the slab at the end of the season
- Conduct regular maintenance on the ice surface including the operation of the ice re-surfacer and the ice edger.
- Conduct regular checks and minor maintenance in relation to the ammonia ice plant.
- Arrange user group access to facilities including facility walkthrough inspections.
- Ensure cleanliness of the Arena and Curling Rink common areas by completing regular facility cleaning.
- Ensure cleanliness of the Change Room and Public Washroom areas by completing regular facility cleaning.
- Ensure cleanliness of the Outdoor Rink Skate Shack by completing regular facility cleaning.
- Conduct regular maintenance on the ice surface of the outdoor rink
- Order and maintain cleaning supplies and general supplies for the Arena, Curling Rink and Outdoor Rink. Ensure facilities are stocked and in good repair.
- Ensure all facility sidewalks, entrances, emergency entrances and parking lots are clear of snow, debris or garbage.
- Conduct general maintenance on the facilities as required.
- Act as the point of contact with outside contractors for facility maintenance as required.
- Maintain facility budgets. Compile information and prepare reports detailing costs and facility use as required.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain up-to-date information and online booking registration regarding all facilities.
- Assist in ensuring staffing requirements for the Arena and Curling Rink facilities are met.
- Conduct regular maintenance of the local parks, sports field and trails including the safe operator of commercial mowers, ride on tractors, rough cutters and weed whackers.
- Any other duties as directed or assigned by the Community Services Director.
Please submit a resume with cover letter and salary expectations to email@example.com