Job: Aquatics Coordinator - Castle Downs YMCA
Castle Downs Family YMCA
Has the following part-time position working evenings and weekends (up to 20 hours per week).
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will monitor and respond to program areas, ensuring the Aquatics staff team are all working on strategies to improve the members experience; affecting retention (increase), program quality and member satisfaction.
Wage: Starting at $16.90/hour
- Assist Supervisor in recruitment, training, coaching and supervision of staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate the operations of all programs and services for members at the quality and service levels outlined.
- Create, monitor, schedule and implement aquatic programming for members, manage pool programming space, assign instructors to their designated areas, and ensure proper spacing of programming within pool area and maintain proper ratios.
- Facilitation of Aquatics programs and services. Instruct aquatic programming and perform lifeguard duties, cover absences and fill in when classes are overbooked or need support.
- Enforce that the Aquatics centre follows procedures to ensure Provincial and Local Public Health Regulations.
- Role model best practices daily by interacting with members in the facility.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services.
- Education/Certifications/Credentials/Professional Registration
- University Degree in Recreation, Physical Education or Education, or related experience an asset.
- Standard First Aid, CPR-C, and WHMIS Certification
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Police Information Check including a Vulnerable Sector Search
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset
- Aquatics Certifications required: National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Instructor and/or Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC)
- Advanced swimming instruction preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in aquatics in an instructing and/or guarding capacity.
- Leadership experience an asset.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Demonstrated leadership, lesson planning skills, and excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS).
- Pool Standards and regulations for running and operating an aquatic facility (Alberta Health Services Standards and Lifesaving Society Alberta Standards an asset).
Starting at $16.90/hour
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Send your resume and cover
letter to email@example.com
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.