Job: Aquatics and Preschool, Child and Youth Supervisor - Don Wheaton Family YMCA
The Don Wheaton Family YMCA has the following salaried position (0.8 FTE Aquatics and 0.2 FTE Preschool, Child and Youth) available:
The YMCA is a charitable, mission based organization dedicated to the development of thousands of people in spirit, mind and body. The YMCA of Northern Alberta is seeking a dynamic individual that will provide effective leadership in directing the overall delivery of all aquatics and PCY programs and services. This individual must be passionate about the development, support and leadership of others.
Salary: Starting at $38,028 annually
- Recruit, hire, train, coach, supervise and manage all full-time and part-time staff and volunteers within program areas. Handle all payroll duties; ensuring staff and volunteers’ record time in the electronic database.
- Coordinate and supervise the operations of all programs and services for participants at the quality and service levels outlined. Manage and report program statistics, maximize program registration to ensure program targets are reached and track minimum attendance rates.
- Assume complete responsibility for the entire facility operation while on assigned Manager on Duty shifts (includes emergencies, evictions, programming concerns, staff relations, etc.).
- Manage within the approved program budget. Prepare and evaluate the program budgets for yearly approval.
- Integrate international development education in all program areas.
- Role model recruitment and retention of volunteers and members.
- Demonstrate and promote a personal understanding of and appreciation for the mission, vision, and values and the YMCA programs and services and role model a personal commitment to a healthy lifestyle.
- University Degree in Recreation, Physical Education or Education, or related experience
- Standard First Aid and CPR-C, Child Welfare & Police Security Clearance, and WHMIS Certification
- National Coaching Certification Program (NCCP) an asset
- NCCP FMS required (we can provide training)
- Aquatics Certifications (National Lifeguard Service (NLS), Oxygen Administration, YMCA Swim Instructor, Water Safety Instructor (WSI), Aquatic Emergency Care).
- Minimum of 2 years experience in aquatics in an instructor and guard capacity.
- Minimum of 1-2 years supervisory experience, and 1-2 years of camp leadership experience.
- Able to deal with difficult situations and customer complaints with confidence.
- Demonstrated leadership, communication and interpersonal skills and proficient n lesson planning.
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, Windows, CLASS).
- Alberta Camping Association Standards an asset.
- Pool Standards and regulations for running and operating an aquatic facility (Alberta Health Services Standards and Lifesaving Society Alberta Standards an asset).
May 22, 2018
Applications will remain open until May 22, 2018
Send your resume and cover letter to Jennifer.Potocnik@northernalberta.ymca.ca
The YMCA of Northern Alberta is an inclusive, charitable organization that values diversity.