2018 Greener Facilities Conference & Expo
Thank you to everyone who joined us last November in Edmonton for the first-ever Greener Facilities Conference & Expo! The event worked to help Albertans better understand and address climate change and the associated cost-savings.
ARPA is excited to follow-up on the successes from the inaugural Greener Facilities Conference & Expo last November, which was supported by the Community Environment Action Grant program. The 2018 Greener Facilities Conference & Expo will be held on November 14th & 15th at the Edmonton Inn. Overall, the two-day event attracted over 120 delegates, speakers and exhibitors.
The 2017 Greener Facilities Conference & Expo featured:
- Educational sessions that addressed specific challenges associated with energy efficiency and reducing our ecological footprint.
- A trade show targeting cutting-edge technologies that would allow facilities to enhance and deliver on their environmental goals.
- Networking workshops and opportunities for sector professionals to share their best practices.
- Sessions presented by municipalities and organizations who have moved to energy efficient methods and their progressive solutions to tackle their challenges
- Informational sessions on grants, funding cost-saving for organizations and municipalities.
Catch up on the event! View conference presentations.
The 2018 Greener Facilities Conference & Expo will have a greater focus on municipal and NGO owned facilities such as recreational multiplexes, ice/curling rinks, swimming pools, outdoor park facilities, community halls and agricultural centers, etc. The Conference and Expo will educate Alberta-based facility managers and municipal staff on new technologies and innovations, share best practices in the sector, as well as link programs to assist with retrofits and energy efficiencies. Finally, the sessions will offer learning opportunities on funding options for reducing greenhouse gas emissions in facilities and outdoor spaces.
Who will attend this Conference?
While this Conference targets the following listed below, we encourage sector professionals, volunteers and students from rural and urban regions to attend the 2018 Greener Facilities Conference & Expo.
- Facility operators, managers and owners of municipal and NGO facilities
- Municipal elected officials
- Agricultural society members
- Community league members
2018 Greener Facilities Conference & Expo Theme: Celebrating Our Successes!
This year’s Conference & Expo theme is "Celebrating Our Successes." with a special focus on case studies, renewable energies as well as facilities that are achieving green initiatives. Ultimately we aim to showcase successful collaborations and projects that will highlight practical tools for sector professionals.
Sample topics for 2018:
- Case studies on renewable energy projects showcasing unique collaborations
- Examples of regional planning and partnerships on green initiatives
- Zero waste facilities
- Green operations and events
- Zero carbon projects
- Health and wellness outcomes from a green perspective
- Water and wastewater management – innovations, practices and concepts
- Park and outdoor facilities – showcasing projects using innovative/green technologies
- Vehicle fleet initiatives
- How to market/sell your green facility or initiative to a board or council
- Best practices in the sustainable management of buildings
- Success and challenges from different kinds of renewable energy solutions
- How to measure your greenhouse gas reductions and cost savings