Programs: Communities in Bloom
Communities in Bloom is a volunteer based, Canadian non-profit organization, committed to fostering civic pride, environmental responsibility, beautification and to improving quality of life through community participation and the opportunity to participate in a national program. The Alberta Recreation and Parks Association oversees the Alberta's Provincial Edition of the Communities in Bloom initiative.
More information about the National Program can be found at www.communitiesinbloom.ca.
Communities are invited to participate in the provincial or national editions, within their population category.
2017 Registration is Open!
What are the benefits of participating in Communities in Bloom?
- Increased civic pride and community involvement.
- Participation from all ages and walks of life.
- Citizens, groups, organizations, business and municipal government all mobilized and working together.
- Year-round projects and continuous improvement for the entire community.
- Information and cultural exchange within the community and with neighbouring, national and International communities.
- Valuable information and feedback from the judges.
- Decreased vandalism.
- Economic development and increased property values.
- Marketing and promotional opportunities.
- Positive benefits for the tourism, hospitality and retail industries.
- Improved quality of life.
CiB Alberta Contact