Job: Term Staff – Parks and Facilities - Town of Beaumont
As Canada’s 7 th fastest growing community ideally situated 3.5 km south of the City of Edmonton boundary on 50 th Street south, the Town of Beaumont is looking for enthusiastic, and hardworking individuals to join our team for a three-month term position!
Reporting to the Team Lead, Parks and Facilities, the successful candidate will provide general labour as required. Duties shall include but are not limited to: maintaining parks, green spaces, sports fields, flower beds, ditches, Clear Water cemetery, Ken Nichol building operations, supporting Town events, and some janitorial work.
- Desired qualifications include:
- Related experience in parks operation, building and arena maintenance
- Landscaping/horticulture experience
- Willing and able to work in various weather conditions
- Experience with operating power equipment, lawn care machinery and hand tools
- Carpentry and painting skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and work well in a team environment
- Must be available to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends and Statutory holidays
Wage for this position is $17.61. This is a full-time term position with a 40 hour work week including evenings and weekends as required. Anticipated work dates of the term are August 2, 2016 to November 2, 2016.
Successful candidates will have to provide a satisfactory current criminal records check, as well as a Drivers Abstract that demonstrates responsible and safe driving behavior.
The Town of Beaumont is striving to be one of Canada’s finest employers.
Interested individuals should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Town of Beaumont
5600 49 Street
Beaumont, Alberta, T4X 1A1
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.