Job: Swimming & Water Safety Specialist, Summer Student - Canadian Red Cross
Swimming & Water Safety Specialist
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is seeking a summer student for the position of Swimming & Water Safety Specialist in the First Aid, Swimming and Water Safety (FASWS) Department. Reporting to Swimming and Water Safety Program Representative, the successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with the development and implementation of water safety initiatives through Alberta. S/he will support the seasonal Swimming and Water Safety program though ongoing customer service to existing clients and development of new customers in the province.
- Provides administrative support to the Program Representative by meeting with Training Partners, presenting information and preparing a follow-up report about seasonal facilities
- Establish connections with seasonal facilities and the Canadian Red Cross
- Assists with coordination and attends Water Safety Training Partner meetings throughout the province
- Identifies Training Partners not current within the red Cross database and ensure fulfillment of agreement and accuracy of information
- Responds to questions and requests related to the Red Cross programs
- Coordinates and distributes promotional materials for Training Partners
Education and Experience:
This position is partially subsidized by Government Legislation; therefore all applicants must meet the Canada Summer Jobs guidelines including the candidate must be a student returning to full time studies in the fall.
Abilities and Skills
- Strong Customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge and skill in work processing, database and spreadsheet software.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR C certification
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor Trainer certification and/or knowledge of the Canadian Red cross Water Safety Program
- Volunteer management and program planning
- This position will require travel throughout the province
- Flexible schedule and occasional weekend and evening work maybe required.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
May 1, 2017
Interested parties may submit their resumes, quoting Competition Number 14-0414-B, no later than May 1, 2017
The Canadian Red Cross Society
Attn: Sarah Jackson
Swimming and Water Program Representative Northern AB & NWT
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position