Job: Shift Supervisor - City of Lacombe
Title: Shift Supervisor
Department: Community Services
Job Status: Permanent Full Time (40 hrs/week)
Reporting to the Aquatic Supervisor or designate, the Shift Supervisor is the first point of contact for staff on duty and clients of the Kinsmen Aquatic Centre (KAC). The Shift Supervisor supports the efficient, safe, clean and fun operation of the KAC in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivery of Aquatic Programs
- Supervision of staff on duty and ensuring the safety of the KAC clients
- Provision of excellent customer service
- Other related duties as assigned
- For full details on duties, please see attached draft job description.
In addition to your excellent wage and benefits package, you will also receive:
- $1.00/hr shift differential for hours worked between 6 PM and 7 AM and for all hours worked on weekends (Friday 6pm – Monday 7am)
- Annual swimsuit allowance
- Free annual pool pass
- Paid training and recertification
Minimum Qualifications, Certifications & Experience
- Senior Lifeguard Status
- 2 years Aquatic experience
- National Lifeguard
- Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Lifesaving Instructor
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor Award (AFLCA, CALA, WATERART) or internal certification
- Standard First Aid, CPR, AED
- SFA/AEC Instructor
- National Lifeguard Instructor
The proposed rotation for these positions is as follows:
Monday to Friday: 5:00 am – 1:00 pm and evenings: 2:00 pm – 10:00 pm (may include weekends). Incumbents will rotate from the AM shifts to the PM shifts every 8 weeks. Please note, days and hours of work are subject to change based on operational requirements.
The salary range for this role is $38,896 - $48,630 commensurate with experience.
$38,896 - $48,630 /annum
Open Until Filled
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume quoting Competition 2017-21 to Human Resources by email at email@example.com
Resume review will commence September 27, 2017. Position will remain open until filled.