Job: Recreational Facilities and Parks Operations Supervisor - Town of Redwater
The Town of Redwater is a progressive and action-oriented municipality poised for significant growth. Please visit our website to learn more about our great community: http://www.redwater.ca.
Our team is seeking a Recreational Facilities and Parks Operations Supervisor to oversee the Town’s recreational multiplex facility, parks, playgrounds, and pool maintenance. This individual will report to the Community Services Manager and be responsible for overall facility operations and supervision of five full time permanent staff, part-time concession staff as well as temporary parks staff during the summer months.
- Knowledge, training and/or experience in municipal operations, recreational facility operations, (arena, pool, curling, commercial kitchen, concession operations, cultural center) parks maintenance and volunteer/non-profit organizations
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory experience, preferably in recreational facility operations and maintenance
- Ability to provide strong leadership in all of the above areas as well as in safe work practices
- Knowledge in budget and financial management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Valid class 5 Alberta Motor Vehicle Operators License
- Certification through the Alberta Association of Recreation Facility Personnel in arena operations, curling operations and parks operations would be a definite asset
- Recreation Facility Management Certificate or equivalent management education or working towards completion of this training would be a definite asset
A copy of the full position description is available at http://www.redwater.ca
The salary for this position will be based on qualifications and experience. This is a full time, permanent position consisting of a 37 hour work week. Evening and weekend work may be required. The Town offers very competitive salary and benefits including Local Authorities Pension.
July 24, 2017
Please forward a cover letter, résumé, salary expectations and three work related references to:
Jodi Brown, Community Services Manager
Town of Redwater, Box 397, Redwater, AB, T0A 2W0
The Town of Redwater thanks all applicants for their interest, however only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.