Job: Recreation Program Facilitator - Town of Valleyview
TOWN OF VALLEYVIEW
RECREATION PROGRAM FACILITATOR
The Recreation Program Facilitator is responsible for the planning and execution of all recreational and cultural programs and special events for the Town of Valleyview and Region.
The Recreation Program Facilitator reports directly to the Director of Parks and Recreation, and will work closely with the Greenview Regional Multiplex Manager in coordination, planning, organizing and administering recreational and cultural programs and special events for the Town of Valleyview and Region.
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Program creation, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Responsible for the implementation of after-school activities for youth
- Provide a balance in all programs for all ages (youth, adult and seniors)
- Develop an evaluation process for all programs and instructors that provide constructive feedback
- Collaborates with children/family programs and departments, community partners, schools, sport groups, community associations for quality programs/service delivery
- Researches and, when instructed, applies for public and private grants available for recreation programs
- Fiscally responsible programming
- Marketing of all programs and recreation special events
- Other duties as required.
Qualifications and Preferences:
- Post-Secondary Education in Recreation or related field, a combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Minimum of 1-2 years of Recreation related experience
- Class 5 Driver’s License
- First Aid and CPR Level C
- Advanced skills within Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal, customer service, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work extremely flexible hours (evenings, weekends, holidays), shift work and split shifts as business requires
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a criminal record check child welfare check and a driver’s abstract.
As the ideal candidate, you are self-motivated; able to work independently, as well as within a team environment; you possess excellent public relations skills, and a high level of creativity. Preferably you have 2 years experience in a Municipal programming environment; and formal Recreation Programmer training.
- Excellent benefit package
- Advancement opportunities; as well as personal & professional development
- Competitive wages based on qualifications and experience
Open Until Filled
For further information, please contact Pat Brothers at (780) 524-5158. Candidates interested in fulfilling this position are to submit a detailed resume with references, to the address below:
Town of Valleyview Recreation Department
Valleyview, AB T0H 3N0
Fax: (780) 524-3831 or Email email@example.com
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found
We thank all applicants, however only those short-listed will be contacted.