Job: Program Leaders - Town of Okotoks
It seems that most people who visit our town comment on how beautiful it is, its amazing location (being just 15 minutes south of Calgary) and how friendly the people are. We’re proud of our community, steadfast in our approach to sustainability, and have an empowered municipal workforce that reflects this pride. As one of Canada’s fastest growing communities our challenges are unique and our dedication is equal to the task. Would you like to be an integral part of our empowered team? If so, read on …
We are looking for energetic and motivated individuals who enjoy working with children and are passionate about being involved in our great community. As one of our Program Leaders you will have the opportunity to develop your skills by gaining experience in various Community Programs that we offer such as (but not limited to):
• School Age Care - OSAC is a licenced and accredited out of school care program with a focus on active living. Outdoor work required. Please note that a minimum of a CDA is required for this program.
• Preschool classes - include a variety of play-based sessional options for children between the ages of 2 to 6 years of age.
• KinderCare - provides short term care for children 3 months to 5 years of age while their parents participate in activities at the Okotoks Recreation Centre.
• Youth Centre - OYC is a FREE five day a week drop in centre that provides a safe, supervised space for Okotoks youth 12-18 years old.
We believe in developing and supporting our staff by offering training and experience in our many program areas and have various scheduling options, taking into consideration program needs as well as employee interest and availability. This is a non-permanent opportunity working up to 40 hours a week.
Successful candidates will be 18 years of age and possess a High School diploma, plus a minimum of one year of related experience. Applicants must possess (or be willing and able to obtain) Standard First Aid and CPR level “C”/AED certification prior to the first day of work. Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with youth 12-18yrs and/or possess one of the following certifications:
• Child Development Assistant (CDA)
• Child Development Worker (CDW)
Equivalent certifications, such as: Early Childhood Educator (ECE) and Early Childcare Assistant (ECA), will also be accepted. Basic skills using Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook and Excel) is preferred. Previous experience, training and/or knowledge of Physical Literacy and High Five training are assets. Success in this position requires demonstrated leadership, communication, planning, problem solving, and team-building skills.
October 1, 2017
Interested applicants are invited to apply online at http://www.okotoks.ca/careers by October 1, 2017.
We thank all applicants for their interest; only those invited to an interview will be contacted.