Job: Operator, Parks & Open Spaces - City of Spruce Grove
Operator – Parks and Open Spaces
Competition Number: RC 2017 0021
Department: Planning and Infrastructure
Section: Public Works – Parks and Open Spaces
Close Date: April 25, 2017
Hourly Rate: $29.72 (probationary) to $32.16 (qualified)
The City of Spruce Grove is a fast growing, dynamic city committed to building and maintaining a fiscally responsible community that serves our residents, attracts visitors and promotes future growth. Through the actions of the Values We Live By, accountability, communication, leadership, integrity and respect are encouraged, while maintaining a work, play balance.
As an Operator, you will manage and maintain the Parks and Open Spaces in the City of Spruce Grove.
Dependent on the season your responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of turf grass, forests, sport fields, pathways and trails and the cemetery,
- Snow and ice control on City sidewalks and pathways,
- Building and maintaining ice rinks and pads,
- Operation of a variety of equipment, including tractors, skid steers, rubber tire backhoe, wheel loaders, ice re-surfacer, aerial lift trucks, mowers, utility vehicles
- Daily maintenance of equipment,
- Periodically coordinate, schedule, assign and direct temporary staff and equipment.
- High School diploma or equivalent,
- Diploma, certification related to ornamental horticulture, turf maintenance, sport field maintenance, natural ice maintenance, urban forestry, equipment operation and environmental service is required,
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in the tasks and equipment relating to a Parks environment,
- Carpentry, electrical and plumbing skills are an asset,
- Completion of coursework or certification in safety management is an asset,
- Completion of coursework or certification in areas of leadership, teamwork or supervision,
- Experience in a municipal setting is an asset,
- Valid Alberta Class 3Q Motor vehicle operator’s licence is an asset (drivers abstract is required),
- Sufficient physical strength and dexterity to perform manual labour for extended periods of time under various weather conditions.
$29.72 - $32.16 /hr
April 25, 2017
Visit our website at http://www.sprucegrove.org for more information and to apply online.