Job: Manger, Greenview Regional Multiplex - Town of Valleyview
Permanent Full Time Position Description
Manager – Greenview Regional Multiplex
Accountable to the Town of Valleyview CAO, the Manager of the Greenview Regional Multiplex acts as the position responsible for the overall management, direction, coordination and supervision of this Regional Multiplex. In addition, the Manager of the Greenview Regional Multiplex is responsible for ensuring that specific performance measures are achieved, participation is maximized, facility use is optimized and that facility viability is attained.
The Greenview Regional Multiplex Manager will be advisor to, and assist in the development and implementation of policies for approval by the Greenview Regional Multiplex Board.
- Provides leadership and supervision directly to a management team and indirectly to all staff through clarifying roles and relationships, delegation, monitoring, coaching and counseling, training, safety and performance management.
- Identify, develop and direct the implementation of the facility’s business strategy.
- Leads and manages the establishment and implementation of organizational strategic and operational plans that determine the products and services delivered at the Greenview Regional Multiplex.
- Direct function and performance via the management team.
- Maintain and develop organizational culture, values and reputation in its markets with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining the facility as well as assisting in identifying the capital development necessary in future upgrading of the Greenview Regional Multiplex and surrounding area.
- Administration responsibilities for the operational and capital budget, management information, performance management and measures, training, contracts, partnership agreements, equipment, community relations and employee relations.
- Oversee business operations including, but not limited to, leasing, vending and advertising.
- Provides professional advice and administrative support to the Greenview Regional Multiplex Board
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Exceptional customer service focus.
- Strong communication, negotiating and influencing skills; ability to present complex Issues effectively at all levels in the organization and effectively influence others.
- Teamwork and cooperation.
- A university undergraduate degree in business administration, facility management or recreation administration is required, or equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in facility management or recreation of which 3 years must be in a senior management role.
- Extensive knowledge of facility management with a variety of skills required conducting business in a dynamic and high profile environment.
- Formal planning skills, system process abilities and project management skills are necessary to achieve facility success.
- Independent decision-making, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent leadership and teambuilding skills to develop a positive working environment where staff can excel in meeting the needs of facility customers.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to make presentations to both internal and external clients.
- Strong negotiation, consensus building and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent administration skills with a strong background in financial management allowing for a balance in the needs of the community with that of the Greenview Regional Multiplex.
- Ability to set priorities and balance a number of projects at the same time.
- Ability to establish cordial relationships with all major facility user groups, retail service providers, tenants, municipal officials and staff, contractors, school boards, community groups, the business community, service clubs, media, institutions and the general public.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Current Drivers abstract.
- R.C.M.P. Criminal Record abstract.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR.
- Constantly changing environments were noise levels will vary over the course of the day.
- Communications skill both verbal and through various technologies are essential (email, website, twitter) etc.
- Moderate lifting maybe required.
RATE OF PAY
This position is classified as a Permanent Full-Time position, based on a 40 hour week.
The Town of Valleyview offers:
- Excellent benefit package
- Advancement opportunities; as well as personal and professional development
- Competitive wages based on qualifications and experience
Open Until Filled
Interested Candidates should forward their resume clearly marked Greenview Regional Multiplex Manager to the attention of Marty Paradine, Town Manager.
Position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
Resumes may be delivered to the Town of Valleyview Town Office (4802-50 st); mailed to PO Box 270 Valleyview, AB T0H-3N0; Faxed to 780-524-2727 or emailed to email@example.com
The Town thanks all who apply however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.