Job: Lifeguard Instructor - City of Red Deer
The City of Red Deer is always on the hunt for talented and success driven people. We are always seeking creative and skilled individuals with the ability and desire to lead in our dynamic workplace.
We are currently seeking the right person to fill the Casual position of Lifeguard Instructor in our Recreation, Parks & Culture Department. This position is responsible for ensuring safety of aquatic patrons, maintaining a safe, clean and enjoyable facility and ensuring effective instruction of programs.
As our preferred candidate you will have:
- Grade 10 or equivalent.
- Possession of the following current certifications – ability to renew qualifications annually or as required by supervisor
- National Lifeguard Certificate – Pool Option
- Standard First Aid/CPR Basic Rescuer (level C CPR)
- Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI)
- Ability to exert physical effort demanded by; swimming, pulling patrons from the water, and cleaning.
- Ability to handle public relations responsibilities effectively and thoroughly and to be firm and tactful in maintaining aquatic discipline and to respond calmly to emergencies.
- Ability to maintain continuous alertness and attention when lifeguarding and to recognize potential problems.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all co-workers, customers (Internal & External), and supervisors.
- Ability to perform all duties in full view of the public, and maintain various guarding positions for long periods of time.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Commitment to the City’s Cornerstone Values.
What we offer:
In addition to the very competitive hourly rate of $20.68 to $21.90, we offer a great work environment with a dynamic and dedicated team of likeminded professionals.
If you think this is the job for you; come build your career with The City of Red Deer. We are committed to a healthy, vibrant, and sustainable community. Our employees are the cornerstone of our organization and working with us will provide you with the opportunity to work in an ever growing environment and to work with an awesome group of people.
$20.68 - $21.90 /hr
August 27, 2017
For more detailed information on this posting and to apply online, please visit us at http://www.reddeer.ca/careers or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We welcome applications until August 27, 2017
Please Note: More than one position will be filled from this posting.