Job: Head Lifeguard - City of St. Albert
Organization: City of St. Albert
Department: Recreation & Parks
Location: 400 Campbell Road
Competition #: 17/80
As Alberta's 'Botanical Arts City', St. Albert is a community renowned for its botanical arts, its commitment to a green lifestyle and the cultivation of activities that provide for a well-rounded quality of life. Our employees provide over 64,000 residents with high-quality programs and services and are proud to contribute to making St. Albert one of the best places to live in Canada.
The Aquatic Services team is recruiting for a permanent Head Lifeguard to assist with the day-to-day operation and supervision of the Landrex Water Play Centre located at Servus Place.
Primary responsibilities of the Head Guard include:
- Operations Management – ensuring the facility is clean and safe, assist with the purchase of supplies and equipment and complete administrative work.
- Public relations - ensure the safety and supervision of patrons utilizing the facility through on deck supervision, and providing exceptional customer service.
- Leadership – provide ongoing support, training and supervision to the Lifeguard and Waterslide Attendant staff.
The successful candidate should have the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Completion of a related diploma or completion of at least two years toward an applicable degree program (Recreation Administration, Physical Education, or Education) or 5 years of related experience
- 1000 aquatic hours in a supervisory capacity
- 2000 hours of lifeguard experience
- Will hold the following awards: National Lifeguard, Aquatic Emergency Care (AEC) or Standard First Aid, Automated External Defibrillator (AED), and Oxygen Administration
- Pool Operator Level 1 is required and Pool Operator Level 2 is considered an asset
- Proficient using MS Word, MS Excel and CLASS
HOURS OF WORK
36 hours per week from Sunday - Thursday. The successful candidate must be available to work a flexible schedule including days, evenings and weekends.
$48,468 - $58,969 per annum. In addition, the City of St. Albert offers a comprehensive benefit package.
The successful applicant will be required to obtain and maintain a satisfactory vulnerable police information check.
$48,468 – $58,969 /annum
April 26, 2017
Qualified applicants are invited submit their cover letter and resume via the City of St. Albert Employment website at http://clients.njoyn.com/CL4/xweb/xweb.asp?clid=67459&page=jobdetails&jobid=J0417-0271&BRID=EX43876&SBDID=20703&LANG=1
We wish to express our appreciation to all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.